Windows 7 Deleting old files after upgrade win 7 home

Jimw

I ran an upgrade with win home 7. I am the administrator. When I try to delete old programs, I get a message that reads require permission from Admin or trusted installer. How do I delete these programs. I put my password as an administrator when I logged in.

Thanks

Hi
Here are a couple of solutions... The first is to enable the real Administrator Account.

How to Enable the Administrator Account

Open the command prompt withelevated privileges by clicking the Start orb, AllPrograms, Accessories, right-click Command Prompt and thenselect Run as administrator.

Type or cut and paste…

net user administrator /active:yes

and then press Enter.

Log out and log back in asAdministrator.

When you are done undue theprocess by doing the same thing and pasting in

net user administrator /active:no

The second is to install the Take Ownership app...

Take Ownership App.

Add "Take Ownership" to Explorer Right-Click Menu in Win 7 or Vista - How-To Geek

Mike

You will need to take ownership of the folder itself

You can add the option to take ownership to the right click option , take ownership then delete the folder

Link Removed due to 404 Error

ther is a add option to add the "take ownership" to the right click and a remove option too

I ran an upgrade with win home 7. I am the administrator. When I try to delete old programs, I get a message that reads require permission from Admin or trusted installer. How do I delete these programs. I put my password as an administrator when I logged in.

Thanks

If the old files are in a windows.old file (which they should be) you can run the disk cleanup wizard and it will remove it. Just make sure you have nothing from the previous install that you need for once that folder is gone, its gone.

Back
Top Bottom