Windows 7 Dell 948 cannot wirelessly print

keith701a

I'd really appreciate some help with this. I'm running Windows 7 RC on my dell 1545 (2.1 ghz, 3 GB of RAM) and I having some new issues with my dell 948 printer. The printer functions normally with wirelessly printing, however it will no longer wirelessly print (the printer has a wireless card that you plug in). I've attempted to reinstall the drivers and software, however I cannot properly do it since it cannot connect wirelessly. I've attempted to manually add it via device manager but seven simply sends files to the printer but they do not print. The printer still has the proper networking settings and i'm attempting this with the latest dell software/drivers.

Can anyone help me with this? The printer worked great with vista and i was under the impression no major driver changes were made to seven.

It seems like you are experiencing connectivity issues with your Dell 948 printer when trying to wirelessly print from your Windows 7 RC system on your Dell 1545 laptop. Since the printer is functioning normally with wired printing but not wirelessly, it indicates a problem with the wireless connection or settings.

Here are a few troubleshooting steps to resolve the wireless printing issue with your Dell 948 printer:

1. Check Wireless Connection:
- Ensure that the wireless card in your printer is properly inserted and has a stable connection.
- Verify that the wireless network settings on the printer match your network configuration.

2. Restart Printer and Computer:
- Turn off both the printer and your computer.
- Restart them after a few minutes to refresh the connections.

3. Update Printer Firmware:
- Check if there are any firmware updates available for your Dell 948 printer. Updating the firmware can resolve known issues.

4. Reconfigure Wireless Settings:
- On the printer, navigate to the wireless settings and reconnect to your wireless network. Ensure the SSID and security key are correct.

5. Driver Reinstallation:
- Uninstall the printer drivers from your computer.
- Download the latest drivers from the Dell website specific to Windows 7.
- Install the drivers and follow the on-screen instructions.

6. Run Printer Troubleshooter:
- Windows 7 has a built-in Printer Troubleshooter that can help diagnose and resolve common printing problems. Run the troubleshooter to see if it identifies any issues.

7. Alternative Connection Method:
- If wireless printing continues to be problematic, consider using a USB cable to directly connect the printer to your computer.

If these steps do not resolve the issue, it might be beneficial to contact Dell support for further assistance or consult the Windows 7 community for additional troubleshooting tips.

Regarding your assumption about driver changes between Windows Vista and Windows 7, while there may not have been major driver changes, there could still be compatibility issues that need to be addressed.

Feel free to try these steps and let me know if you need further assistance!

Back