Printer not printing wirelessly

Jeff2125

We have two pc's, windows 10. The printer is a HP DeskJet 3639. Neither of them can work wirelessly. Yesterday I did something to the settings so now we have lost the wireless connection (they were working ok but we did some experiment with the router and modem because of a TV issue, we did undo the test ).

Strangely, however, I was able to print out the "HP NETWORK CONFIGURATION PAGE" wirelessly. I tried all of the troubleshooting ideas that HP offers, but the problem persists. I can send a copy of the configuration page if that would help (if it's safe to send).

Thanks

davehc

Essential Member
Premium Supporter
I have the same problem. As far as I am aware, I altered nothing significant in printer or lan settings. Recently I found I was unable to print (wireless) to my main printer on the LAN. All attempts to reconfigure the security settings have had no results.
For the moment, I have given up. I use my local computer , on a usb connection, or take the required stuff though to the computer where the main, and superior printer sit and print from there.
A couple of fixes on the web, concerning a recent Microsoft security update, were tried, but did nothing.

bochane

Excellent Member
Routing table in the modem/router? Yes, I know, just a wild guess., but you could try it.
Switch off everthing in your network, wait a while.
Than switch on again, one by one, start with the modem, than if you have it the router, followd by whatever you have.

davehc

Essential Member
Premium Supporter
Thanks for the input. Unfortunately, I think, for the moment, I have covered all basis, including those. No improvement.:(

Jeff2125

I found the "HP Print and Scan Doctor" app. It's created by HP and it fixed the problems. It might work for any pc/printer. It's in the play store.

davehc

Essential Member
Premium Supporter
The program would not run on my computer. Too old. Tried compatibility mode, Admin mode, no luck