Windows 7 Desktop Cannot Connect

tht

Ok, I just bought this computer, a Dell Inspiron. And I have had it for 3 days. I set it up one night, then went to bed. Woke up, went to work, came home, and logged in. What it said was "Logging in" usually it says welcome, then it said "Preparing desktop". Which is what happened on set up. It does that any time I turn it on after a while. When I log on with it saying preparing desktop, I get the defualt like win 98 looking theme and my background with the trash bin icon, it says "Cannot connect to desktop" or something. All I have to do is shut down and start up again to fix it, but this is annyoing.

Windows 7 Home Premium

My guess is that it is not saving your setting when it is shutting down. Are you getting a clean shutdown or do you have to power it down? The other possibility is that something is loading every time that is causing the problem. Reboot into Safe Mode and see if it presents you with the same weird desktop. Finally, create a new user and log on that way and see if you still get the weird desktop at bootup.

Ok, I just bought this computer, a Dell Inspiron. And I have had it for 3 days. I set it up one night, then went to bed. Woke up, went to work, came home, and logged in. What it said was "Logging in" usually it says welcome, then it said "Preparing desktop". Which is what happened on set up. It does that any time I turn it on after a while. When I log on with it saying preparing desktop, I get the defualt like win 98 looking theme and my background with the trash bin icon, it says "Cannot connect to desktop" or something. All I have to do is shut down and start up again to fix it, but this is annyoing.

Windows 7 Home Premium

Back