Windows 7 Devices and printers not displaying correct icons

Forzstek

Sup guys, I actually have a double whammy for you, first off, My Devices and printers isen't showing my icons properly, how can I fix this?

Second off, My Computer ALWAYS tries to boot from the Disk drive. I have EVERYTHING but the Hard drives Disabled, but it still tries to to boot from there. This is a RAID0 Configuration, and I have the Strip set up properly, so does anyone have any idea's on this? Thanks

Hello!

Let's address the two issues you're experiencing:

### Issue 1: Devices and Printers Icons Not Showing Properly
When the icons in Devices and Printers are not displaying correctly, it can be due to icon cache corruption. You can try clearing the icon cache to resolve this issue.

Here's how you can clear the icon cache:
1. Press Windows Key + R to open the Run dialog.
2. Type cmd and press Enter to open the Command Prompt.
3. In the Command Prompt, type the following commands one by one and press Enter after each:
Code:
bash
   taskkill /IM explorer.exe /F
   CD /d %userprofile%\AppData\Local
   DEL IconCache.db /a
   shutdown /r
4. Restart your computer by pressing Enter after the last command.

Once your system restarts, check if the icons in Devices and Printers are displaying correctly.

### Issue 2: Computer Always Tries to Boot from the Disk Drive
If your computer is consistently attempting to boot from the disk drive despite having everything else disabled in the boot order, it may indicate a problem with the boot configuration or RAID setup.

Here's what you can try:
1. Check BIOS/UEFI Settings:
- Enter your computer's BIOS/UEFI settings during startup (usually by pressing Del, F2, F12, or Esc).
- Look for the boot order settings and ensure that the RAID0 configuration with the proper drives is set as the primary boot device.

2. Reset BIOS/UEFI to Defaults:
- If the issue persists, try resetting the BIOS/UEFI settings to default.
- This can help in case there are any incorrect settings causing the system to prioritize the disk drive for booting.

3. Check RAID Configuration:
- Verify that your RAID0 configuration is correctly set up and that the drives are recognized by the system.

By following these steps, you should be able to resolve both issues. If the problems persist, feel free to provide more details for further assistance.

Back