Windows 10 Did a complete pc reset (deleting all files) and I still can't open photos or microsoft store in windows 10.

indigo hyperion

So whenever I try to open images, photos just gives me a "this app didn't start" error. I can get around it by using a 3rd party viewer, but its still a nuisance.
My bigger problem is that I simply cannot open MS store. I click to open it, the icon flashes like its open but then immediately closes. When I try to run wsreset.exe, it gives me the same "this app didn't start" error. This led me to doing a complete pc reset, deleting all of my files and completely reinstalling windows and it still gives me the same errors. Could really use some help on this because it is driving me insane.

Hi! Are you signed in with an Microsoft account?

For Photos App

Try following and check after each step

1. Run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter (If you have already tried this, skip this)
Type troubleshoot in Windows Start Search box > Click Troubleshoot > Scroll down to bottom and click Windows Store Apps > Click Run the Troubleshooter and follow on-screen directions.

2. Reset Photos App
Windows+X > Settings > Apps > Apps & Features > Locate Photos by Scrolling Down > Click Advanced Options > Click Reset

3. If Reset doesn't work, then you should uninstall using Powershell and reinstall the Photos App
Windows+X > Click Windows Powershell (Admin) > Copy the below command and right click in Powershell to paste it

get-appxpackage Microsoft.Windows.Photos | remove-appxpackage

Now, you need to reinstall it
Use below Powershell command to install

Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.Windows.Photos | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

For Store

Please try these options one by one and check after each option

1. Reset Windows Store through Command Prompt
Type cmd in Windows Search box > Right click on Command Prompt > Run As Administrator > Type WSreset.exe and click Enter > Reboot your computer

2. Uninstall & Reinstall Store
Right click on Windows Start > Right click on Windows Powershell (Admin) > Copy the following from below and right click in Powershell to paste > Enter

Get-AppxPackage -allusers *WindowsStore* | Remove-AppxPackage

Copy the following from below and right click in Powershell to paste > Enter > Reboot your computer

Get-AppxPackage -allusers *WindowsStore* | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

Back