Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Unsure

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
The other day Mike, Jim and myself were chatting on skype when the question of 'Did we actually go to the moon' came up. This lead to a huge discussion of conspiracy theories and whether the whole thing was an actual hoax or not.

So what do you think?..

Did NASA actually make it to the moon or was it a huge cold war hoax?

Just to add that I for one think we definitely did go... :)

I would like to make sure that those reading this thread are aware that I believe the moon landing took place, whereas it is bassfisher6522 who believes it was hoaxed.

I encourage anyone who doubts the validity of the moon landing watch these videos:

It was decades of testing missiles before anyone got to the moon. It was Nazi Germany that first launched a rocket into outer space, and the Soviet Union launched the first human being into space.

Many people died and sacrificed their lives in the space launches leading up to the moon landing.

Finally, in 2009, NASA took the original footage and was able to convert it to HD format.

So I believe that yes, the answer is we went to the moon. All of the evidence against it has to do with the fact that photographs and video were blurry in 1969 and different light sources. I suggest checking out the MythBusters episode on YouTube regarding the photography.

There is no way that people lied for decades about something so important!

Last edited:
I feel sure we did go to the moon . I am with , Mike in thinking, there is no way people lied about it for decades . Too many people were involved for it to be a lie . The only way to make a lie seem to be true is to keep it simple . Once complications start to creep in it will unravel like a ball of string !

Yes, but not the original attempt, maybe by the 2nd or 3rd one it was real... too many inconsistancies in video footage from NASA. One of the most famous pictures of Neil decending the ladders before walking on the moon is totally staged, due to the entire scenery in the backdrop clearly showing light source from opposite direction that would have him virtually in a blacked out angle, yet in the photo his is lit very brightly which suggests very strongly it was faked as the cameras did not have any spotlights or flash, as well documented by the guy who built the cameras, mythbusters tried to make out it was reflective light, but it would in no way be so bright or why is the rest of the sides of the module darker? and why is the guy in shadow in a second shot off the same camera later? even had it a flash... the distance of the camera away fromt he module would render flash worthless... you would be lucky to get a flash to illuminate beyond 10ft, let alone the 50+ ft it clearly is situated.

Link Removed due to 404 Error Link Removed - Invalid URL

Last edited:
I too believe we have landed on the moon, but I also agree that the first "landing" has a lot of inconsistencies as highwayman has outlined. One also needs to remember that the race was on and to lose it to the Russians could have changed the world and the way the superpower was viewed. So there is evidence to support both theories, and governments have lied before.

Kemical, I think you've started quite the thread here :)

Last edited:
yea, after all, americans took a massive hit to thier pride being beaten to first in space etc, what better way to dampen Russian spirit than to stage such an event to give them a few more years to actually do it for real, making out it's actually a 3rd time etc to rub it in, despite likely being the first. I'm certain if the Russian had bothered to go just after americans faked visit, they would have found no evidence at all of the yank's mission and really showed the yanks up to as a bunch of liars... which would have destroyed the nations pride for the rest of time. It would be interesting to note that the americans would still have to cover thier asses by putting a site there for the future visitors, so one of the missions would have to have been real to be able to dump gear that people will expect to find.

The conspiracy will still be there for centuries, due to a heck of a lot of suspect data provded by NASA, one of the best examples being the guy who actually built the camcorders for the moon walks has testafied that the picture quality was impossibly low for the conditions and specs of the camcorders he designed and tested, especially considering the far better definition of future missions using the same camcorders, he even thinks it very suspect that NASA only ever offered deliberately low quality footage to cover the fact it was staged and that direct mission feed still has not been allowed out of storage, all the footage out in the normal world's media is shot second hand from a wall screen projector at NASA which drops the resolution quality even lower.

I guess in about 8 or 9 years when it hits the 50years mark it will have to be released directly, though i'm betting that nasa will say its been degraded beyond use or the warehouse will catch fire... or will reek of touch ups and missing key frames... like many of the fake touched up photos NASA released at the time.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm betting the warehouse burns down, all the documentation will have massive black lines through them, and we will never really know what took place.

Just looking at the times and the reasons behind this whole adventure there is definitely some stank. And what patriotic American working on the project wouldn't mind keeping things a little hush hush for the good of the nation. They way it would have been delivered to people would have filled them with a sense of national pride and they would have felt special knowing that they were apart of something people only thought existed in fiction.

Back