Windows 10 DirectX VertexShader 2.0 is not supported

UKAspie

Honorable Member
After the latest huge pile of Windows Updates I get this error message when I try to run a game that was previously working. I've re-installed DirectX and the driver for the graphics card - not change. Is it possible to roll back to a working version of DirectX?

I've found a fix - I've installed the 2010 version of DirectX. This leaves unanswered the question of whether the latest version is buggy or a "Break AMD Graphics" version.

I see SquareEnix still hasn't fixed this. It's a bug in the game, or rather game limitation, as they call it I recall this from when I used to play that game.

I'm somewhat behind the times in games ...

Bugs aren't so bad if there is a known work-around. My concern now is if I'll have to re-install the good version of DirectX every time Windows decides to do a non-optional 'update'.

You shouldn't. Some games just need an older version installed. Which you've now done so all should be good going forward.

Oh dear - the problem has come back, and this time the 2010 version doesn't fix it.

have you tried adding legacy directplay?
Screenshot (1056).png

Good idea, but when I checked "DirectPlay" it was already enabled.
This is probably a temporary fix, but re-installing the video card driver, followed by:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
sfc /scannow
has worked.

Back
Top Bottom