splawik

Hello everyone,
I've got a question that I could not find the answer so far. How can I keep my display 2 alive while the lid on my laptop is closed. I could do that on my old laptop with WinXP but so far no luck with Win7. The laptop is Toshiba Tecra A11-07H with intel graphics. So far I got the display cloned and/or extended to my presentation display but once I close the lid the display 2 goes to sleep as well.
Thanks,

Solution
To keep your secondary display active when the lid of your laptop is closed in Windows 7, you can adjust the power settings and configure the display settings. Here's a step-by-step guide on how to achieve this:

Adjust Power Settings:​

1. Open Power Options:
    • Click on the Start button and type "Power Options" in the search box.
    • Select Power Options from the search results.
    []Change Power Plan Settings:
    • Identify the power plan that is currently active and click on Change plan settings next to it.
    [
    ]Set Lid-Close Action:
    • Click on Change advanced power settings.
    • In the Power Options dialog, scroll down and find "Power buttons and...
To keep your secondary display active when the lid of your laptop is closed in Windows 7, you can adjust the power settings and configure the display settings. Here's a step-by-step guide on how to achieve this:

Adjust Power Settings:​

1. Open Power Options:
    • Click on the Start button and type "Power Options" in the search box.
    • Select Power Options from the search results.
    []Change Power Plan Settings:
    • Identify the power plan that is currently active and click on Change plan settings next to it.
    [
    ]Set Lid-Close Action:
    • Click on Change advanced power settings.
    • In the Power Options dialog, scroll down and find "Power buttons and lid".
    • Expand this option and find the setting for "Lid close action".
    • Change the setting for both "On battery" and "Plugged in" to "Do nothing".

Configure Display Settings:​

[]Access the Display Settings:
    • Right-click on the desktop and select Screen resolution.
    [
    ]Adjust Display Settings:
    • Identify your secondary display (Display 2).
    • Select the display and check the box that says "Make this my main display".
    • Click on Apply and then OK.

Verify Display Settings:​

[]External Power Source:
    • Ensure that the laptop is connected to a power source. Sometimes, the settings may change based on whether the laptop is running on battery or plugged in.
    [
    ]Close the Lid:
    • Close the laptop lid and check if the secondary display remains active. By following these steps, you should be able to keep your secondary display active even when the laptop lid is closed in Windows 7. If you encounter any issues or need further assistance, feel free to ask!

Solution