Windows 7 Display turning off after 5 minutes

Helmar

I'm using Windows 7 x64.

No matter what I set the power settings to, the display turns off after 5 minutes, and moving the mouse turns it on.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

HBH

im having same issue, im on 32bit though...but recently the display keeps dimming then going off after a few minutes of inactivity...no idea why

I'm using Windows 7 x64.

No matter what I set the power settings to, the display turns off after 5 minutes, and moving the mouse turns it on.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

HBH

Exact same problem here. Windows 7 x64, power settings set to "never", and still turning off after 5 minutes!

I even try changing the power settings to 10 minutes, or 1 hour. No change. It's very frustrating when you buy an expensive gaming computer, and have issues like this. I'm sure it's a windows thing though.

Wish I could offer you a solution.:confused:

Exact same problem here. Windows 7 x64, power settings set to "never", and still turning off after 5 minutes!

I even try changing the power settings to 10 minutes, or 1 hour. No change. It's very frustrating when you buy an expensive gaming computer, and have issues like this. I'm sure it's a windows thing though.

Wish I could offer you a solution.:confused:

OK. Did a little more research and I figured out my issue. I wanted to post this to help out others with the same problem.

STEP 1: Check to see if a third-party program or theme changed your screen-saver option to "blank" after 10 minutes.

STEP 2: Many pre-built computers come, not only with Windows power options, but also with brand name power option programs that run in the background. Example: Toshiba power options or something like that.
Double check to make sure you don't have one of those set to turn off the display after 10 min. or something. That can override your windows settings.

The screen-saver is what got me believe it or not. That one will make you feel stupid!:confused_smile:
But it's fixed now!

Back