Windows 7 Does This Mean...?

View attachment 10609

My cold boot starts with something like 45C or so, then quickly jumps to 50C and stays there forever, at idle. If I load it with some heavy stuff like deep fritz chess or call of futy, it gradually jumps to 53C, 54C, 55C, and if playing those for long enough it goes up 60C.

Link Removed - Invalid URL

I was intrigued by your question Greg.. Are you asking if this is a good temp range or....?

Right, 72C for my C2Q9450. I reckon first quad cores Q6600 were limited to 62C, mean as Intel stated officially..

Yea the Go stepping edition Q6600 like mine is rated for about TCase 71C (which apparently is 15C hotter than what the TJunction reports inside the cores) giving me a safezone upto 86C on the Tjunction scores that most monitoring apps go by, so by reverse working that means even my peak temp on Tjunction of 65C (Which makes it 50C on TCase) on 100% load on all cores in Prime95 when overclocked to 3ghz @ 333FSB are greatly below the worry zone...lol

Of course it would be catastrophic to mix up sensor you are using if you didn't know, which reminds me i need to attach my thermal probes in my new case, to the various hardware i wanna check on my temp dash.

Last edited:
So I take it the graphics/video card has nothing to do with the playback of HD videos and only deals with real-time rendered graphics like in games and photoshop, and that the processor is what handles playing 720p and 1080p videos.

I was intrigued by your question Greg.. Are you asking if this is a good temp range or....?

No, I'm just sharing it with Highwayman, my temps are good enough but higher than his. What I have is 50C at idle, 55 at a moderate burn, and 62C at heavy continuous load with 20C ambient.

Ross, you seem to disagree with my temperatures? ; )

So I take it the graphics/video card has nothing to do with the playback of HD videos and only deals with real-time rendered graphics like in games and photoshop, and that the processor is what handles playing 720p and 1080p videos.

Yes, for the most part you don't need the powerful video card to watch movies. But a powerful video card is definitely a must have if you are planning to play 3D games. Besides, PhysX and ATI stream can be used to convert videos.

Yea just avoid celerons like the plague, video acceleration on them often stutters for 1080p unless theres a half decent video card that has native decoding built in

Back