Windows 10 "Downgrade" to "lower" Win10 version by System Restore possible?

pstein

Extraordinary Member
Assume I created a SRP on a Win10 v1803 system.

Later I was upgraded by automatic updates to Win10 v1903,

Then after some problems in the following weeks I decided to do a System restore to the SRP I created in the past.

Is this possible? Or are (in general) only SRP inside the same, current Win10 version restorable ?

In order to not beeing forced again in the next days for an Upgrade v1803---v1903 I plan zu enable an Update Blocker until Microsoft solved the problems.

Peter

You can definitely downgrade to v1803 if the system restore image was created before the v1903 update.
Basically, you can choose which of the available restore images to use.

I have never had the need to do that (so far) but, I think all you will achieve is a Persistence of it needing to update again to 1903. I have no knowledge of update blockers, but I do read that the updates can circumvent them in most cases.

I recommend contacting Microsoft Support. They will work with you to solve problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes is it possibe but no the update blocker will not solve the other problem unless this new build doesn't have a Microsoft account i.e, Microsoft has dirty tricks to get around reg edits and will simply force an update by seq-task 1 month later without asking you

Back
Top Bottom