screwsociety

Used to be worse but I fixed it for the most part.
Except there's this one over 1 I don't know how to fix. Please help! I abhor crackly speakers.

I have Windows 8 HP Touchscreen Envy. Any other info you may need to know?

Attachments

• latency.webp
    125 KB · Views: 308
Solution
To address the crackling sound issue with your speakers on your HP Envy touchscreen laptop running Windows 8, you can try the following solutions: 1. Update Audio Drivers: - Go to the Device Manager, locate the audio drivers, right-click, and select "Update driver." Ensure you have the latest audio drivers installed for your sound card. 2. Check Audio Enhancements: - Disable audio enhancements. Right-click on the sound icon in the system tray, select Playback devices > Speakers > Properties > Enhancements tab > Check "Disable all enhancements." 3. Adjust Sound Settings: - Open Sound settings by right-clicking the sound icon. Check volume levels, spatial sound settings, and advanced sound options for any anomalies. 4...
To address the crackling sound issue with your speakers on your HP Envy touchscreen laptop running Windows 8, you can try the following solutions: 1. Update Audio Drivers: - Go to the Device Manager, locate the audio drivers, right-click, and select "Update driver." Ensure you have the latest audio drivers installed for your sound card. 2. Check Audio Enhancements: - Disable audio enhancements. Right-click on the sound icon in the system tray, select Playback devices > Speakers > Properties > Enhancements tab > Check "Disable all enhancements." 3. Adjust Sound Settings: - Open Sound settings by right-clicking the sound icon. Check volume levels, spatial sound settings, and advanced sound options for any anomalies. 4. Adjust Power Management Settings: - Go to Power Options and ensure the settings are not causing power fluctuations leading to audio issues. 5. Check Audio Cables: - If you are using external speakers, check the audio cables for any loose connections or damage. 6. Disable Exclusive Mode: - In the sound settings, uncheck the option that allows applications to take exclusive control of the audio device. 7. Run Audio Troubleshoot: - Use the built-in Windows Troubleshooter to diagnose and fix sound issues. Right-click on the sound icon > Troubleshoot sound problems. 8. BIOS Update: - Ensure your laptop's BIOS is up to date. Visit HP's official website to check for any BIOS updates for your model. 9. Restore System Settings: - If the issue started after recent changes, consider performing a System Restore to revert your system settings to a point where the audio was working fine. 10. Check External Factors: - Check for any interference from other devices, nearby electronics, or wireless devices that could affect your laptop's audio performance. If these steps do not resolve the crackling sound issue, you may need to consider hardware diagnostics to check for any potential speaker or sound card problems. If your laptop is still under warranty, contacting HP support for further assistance might be beneficial.

Solution