Windows 8 Driver Accelerometer STMicro detection sensor

tyler200298

packard bell touch ze8
someone can help me,
my netbook is a packard bell ze8 (butterfly touch)
comes with windows 7 home premium
upgrading to windows 8 pro during installing new windows recognize all drivers
except accelerometer
i installed windows 7 driver in compatibility mode
but the auto-rotation does not work
the video card is an intel gma 4500
any idea?

Hmm... you could try installing the original drivers in compatibility mode? Right click on the driver, choose properties and then configure the compatibility settings for windows 7.

Hmm... you could try installing the original drivers in compatibility mode? Right click on the driver, choose properties and then configure the compatibility settings for windows 7.

i already installed drivers in compatibility mode (elsewere it wont install)
thx for your support :)
last evening i try a new install of windows with fresh installation of drivers but still not work
maybe there is a registry hack...

Apologies, I see you had already mentioned you'd tried compatibility mode.. Tell me, what exactly is an accelerometer? Is it like a turbo mode or something?

Also what about checking forums dedicated to either your machine or manufacturer? It might be worth a try?

Apologies, I see you had already mentioned you'd tried compatibility mode.. Tell me, what exactly is an accelerometer? Is it like a turbo mode or something?

Also what about checking forums dedicated to either your machine or manufacturer? It might be worth a try?

an accelerometer sensor is basically a g-sensor
like in the new smartphones allow to rotate screen according with the position
the manufacturer is ST Microelecrtonics
but not provide drivers, product sensor then buy to dell, toshiba etc
the driver i found for windows 7 does not work :(

Unfortunately with the os being so new issues like this can arise. Can you live without it until such time a driver is available?

Solved:
For those who have same problem
You have to refresh pc (new Windows 8 function)
Then install FIRST old windows 7 video drivers
After
restart the machine and install the other micro St detection driver for windows 7
Both driver in windows 7 compatibility
Hope this can help someone... I see there is a lot of people have troubles with St accelerometer driver and windows 8

Back
Top Bottom