Windows 7 Driver Error with On-Board Sound. HELP!

Foetoid

Well i finally bit the bullet and decided to come ask for help. I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit. I also have an oldish MSI K9NNEO AM2 Motherboard. I managed to get all the drivers for my motherboard no worries from the MSI website, installed them all correctly except the Sound Drivers. With the standard drivers that come with 7, i get sound out of the normal green audio jack, but not the additional audio jacks underneath it (black, grey and brown i think they are). The reason i need these to work is i have my Zalman 6-Channel headphones plugged into those 3. I tried downloading both the 64bit and the combo 32/64bit drivers from both the MSI and Realtek websites and it doesnt matter how i download it or where from, i get the same error each time:

"An error (-5006 : 0x8000ffff) has occurred while running the setup.

Please make sure you have finished any previous setup and closed other applications. If the error still occurs, please contact your vendor: Realtek Semiconductor Corp.."

When i click on Detail, this is what i get:

Error Code: -5006 : 0x8000ffff
Error Information:
>Kernel\ServiceProvider.cpp (120)
>Kernel\ServiceProvider.cpp (87)
>Kernel\ObjectHolder.cpp (442)
>Kernel\FileGroup.cpp (525)
>Kerne>SetupDLL\SetupDLL.cpp (1299)
pAPP:Realtek High Definition Audio Driver
PVENDOR:Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
PGUID:f132af7f-7bca-4ede-8a7c-958108fe7dbc
$11.50.0.42618
@Windows XP (7600) BT_OTHER 15092.30673

Kinda strange how down the bottom it says Windows Xp even tho i know i am only downloading the windows 7 drivers. Help please! I will also add that i e-mailed MSI about it. After redirecting me to the Realtek Website, they tried to tell me to pay for a registry cleaner "Regcure" and then try. Of course i refused, simply opting to download CCleaner and go with that. Made no difference after i cleaned up the registry, still getting exactly the same problem.

Problem Solved!. Someone gave me the idea to use Winrar to extract the driver installer. Once he said that, i realised i could use device manager to manually update my drivers from that location (skipping Installshield), and bam, working well. I've even got the Realtek HD Audio symbol down the bottom right :D

Welcome to win7forum, Foetoid. :)

Thank you for posting and updating your thread, this information can be very useful to other users.

Back
Top Bottom