Windows 8 driver_power_state_failure crash after wifi stops working and trying to restart my surface pro

Sucratzz

Hi there,

I have had a couple of driver_power_state_failure's on my surface pro these last two days.

The first time I noticed it happen was with low battery, my wifi stopped working so I went to restart and it was stuck on restarting... for a long time, then the bsod. (first dump http://sdrv.ms/171VD8s)

When I tried to restart it said I had 100% battery but turned off almost immediately.

I plugged the power in and booted up. It still said 100% battery with the power plug plugged in. A couple more restarts and plugging the power in and out and it eventually started reporting correct battery level.

The next day whilst plugged in, my wifi stopped working again. I performed a restart and the same thing happened, a long time stuck on resetting... then the bsod again. (second dump http://sdrv.ms/171VGkX).

After restarting from this I have been having problems with the wifi being connected to the router, but having limited access unless I disconnect and reconnect to it.
Can anyone please help?

Since I am not the BSOD expert here, I will just pass along what I find.

It shows the problem as the following and indicates the usbccgp.sys driver might be involved. Since this driver is a Microsoft version, I will assume something it is trying to handle is the actual culprit. Do you have any USB devices that might be causing power problem, possibly even something built-in, like a card reader?

Network adapters on usually on a Pci setup on my systems, but I know nothing about a Surface and how it is set up. You might check the device manager to see if any devices are showing problems. Also, open msinfo32.exe and look to see if anything is showing in the Problem Devices section. The Event Viewer might be another place to check for error or warning messages, although I do expect to see some power entries just because of the BSODs.

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f)
A driver has failed to complete a power IRP within a specific time (usually 10 minutes).
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000004, The power transition timed out waiting to synchronize with the Pnp
subsystem.

usbccgp.sys

Back
Top Bottom