Drivers Needed for Custom Computer

Hello,

I just recently bought a custom computer, and just did a clean install of Windows 7 64-bit. Now I'm just looking for the correct drivers to install. Checking under the Device Manager, these are the Hardware Ids I found for the missing drivers:

Ethernet Controller:
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_153B&SUBSYS_859F1043&REV_05

PCI Simple Communications Controller:
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C3A&SUBSYS_85341043&REV_04

SM Bus Controller:
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C22&SUBSYS_85341043&REV_05

Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller:
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C31&SUBSYS_85341043&REV_05

Unknown Device:
ACPI\PN0A0A

Any help with these drivers would be greatly appreciated. When I try Googling them, I see a bunch of different drivers and warnings that they might not work, so I was kind of hesitant on just downloading any driver.

Thanks!

Neemobeer

Windows Forum Team
Staff member
All of the Ven_8086 device drivers you should be able to get from the motherboard manufacturer site. Vendor ID 8086 is Intel though so they are all Intel drivers

DEV_8C31 is the Intel(R) Management Engine Interface
DEV_8C22 is Intel(R) 8 Series/C220 Series SMBus Controller
DEV_8C3A is Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible
DEV_153B Intel Gigabit Ethernet Controller I217-V

The last device could be a senor and may be resolved by installing the management engine driver.

nmsuk

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Driver update utilities do more harm than good, I personally wouldn't recommend any of them.

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Microsoft MVP
Just to echo Rich (nmsuk), we do not as a forum recommend any driver update application as we usually end up repairing the damage caused by said app's.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.