Windows 7 Dual Boot issue

comccarty

I have Vista x64 loaded on primary (physical) drive C: and installed Win7 x64 on secondary (physical)drive B:, I cannot get either Win7 or Vista repair to fix loader! What can I do to get this to wrok via dual boot? Does Win7 need to be on a partion created from Primary Drive C:

I can get Vista to load via my BIOS manual boot screen, but that is not how I prefer to handle long term!

HELP!
:confused:

Does a choice come up to use either OS?

Go to Start > run, and type msconfig, click the Boot tab and see if both opiating systems are listed.

I had a problem myself and had to keep re-installing before it finally worked.s listed.

You may want to download EasyBCD to modify the dual-boot situation.:
Download EasyBCD 1.7.2 - NeoSmart Technologies

Yes, I have both Vista and Win7 installed but neither will launch on boot. I get "NTLDR is missing". Any idea how to fix so dual boot will work?

Yes, I have both Vista and Win7 installed but neither will launch on boot. I get "NTLDR is missing". Any idea how to fix so dual boot will work?

Search my blogs...

I would first try the bootrec commands to rebuilt the boot manager files... and see if I could get it to boot into win 7

then I would run bcdddit and setup a multi-boot menu in win 7 to give the option to load the other os.

Issue Resolved

Ok, I used the Win7 Repair function from disk and then swithced my bios to read teh Win7 drive before the Vista drive. All is now as it should be. Thanks to all for the help!

Back
Top Bottom