Windows 7 Duke Nukem is back.....?

Hail to the king..

It is official, it leaves vaporware status .. it's gone gold (to fabs for production), Yes quite hard to believe actually it's now official.

2K Games and Gearbox Software are proud to announce that Duke Nukem Forever®, one of the most anticipated entertainment properties of all time, has “gone gold” and will be available at retailers on June 10, 2011 internationally and on June 14, 2011 in North America. The road to gold was paved over the course of 15 years and its legendary path climaxes on the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Windows PC. Gamers who pre-order the title from select outlets will ensure that they are among the first to experience this legendary piece of gaming history when the demo* launches on June 3, 2011 for all platforms, exclusively for Duke Nukem First Access Club Members.

Duke Nukem Forever Gone Gold

ok so who's gonna get some? I'm buying a copy for sure. :)

Since its last false start on May 3rd, maybe the developers aren’t really going to release anything other than Duke Nukem Trailers and Demos Forever. It’s getting close to the wire again and the next release date is rapidly approaching, if you can call 14 years rapid. Look for the release to take place on June 14th and cross your fingers. The video may not be work safe for some prudish office environments.

Fans finally get back into the Mighty Boots of the Duke.

With just days to go until we run out of gum, Duke Nukem Forever fans have received an early treat from Gearbox Software ahead of the June 14th release date in the form of a playable demo, now available for PC, PS3 and Xbox 360.

Related links
•Best game trailers 2011: Games we want right now
•Duke Nukem Forever taunts censors
•Duke Nukem Forever release date pushed back again

The demo of the Duke in action was made available to fans who pre-ordered the game, as well as gamers who picked up the Borderlands Game of the Year Edition, and sees Duke battling it out with a typically gargantuan alien invader in an American football stadium.

But reception to the demo has been split, with gaming message boards and the Twitterverse praising and knocking the game for at once for its infantile humour and lengthy development process.

Duke Nukem was last seen saving babes and pummelling alien invaders in 1997's Duke Nukem 3D, with Duke Nukem Forever planned as a sequel for a mid-1998 release. However, despite several teasing screenshots and a gameplay trailer from E3 in 1998, the sequel was eventually canned, until being picked up again 12 years later by Gearbox Software.

Duke Nukem Forever will be released on June 14th, a whopping 14 years after it started development

Source: Link Removed due to 404 Error

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh dear... just seen it running on a PC on ultra settings and looks terrible... as bad the HALO 2 port in my view.

How could Gearbox allow a product to be released that actually looks worse than most of their titles released over the last 4 years? it's quite bizzare that creatures can look really good then ya get úber low quality texturing on scenery that looks upscaled badly from the consoles. (think for an example if you played a game about 6 resolutions below native res on a Hi-res LCD and you'd get the idea)

I'm hoping the gameplay makes up for it, but so far judging on looks I won't be buying this now unless my mates insist for multiplayer modes.

I noticed it got 80% in PCGamer, with the reviewer having finnished the game, so will wait and see how it goes, might be a case of wait for a sale price to go below £15

Last edited:
Thankfully, once you pass the early levels and start to get into the game things do pick up in the graphics department (The Queens nest is quite nice n creepy) and the gameplay DOES feel faithful to Duke3D, so I'm happy again... although still wary on the multi till tested it. So far single player is good fun which I suppose is the more important thing, very old school run n gun without too much worrying about ammo drops, even the puzzles are quite well thought out, I think PC Gamer got it about right with 80% score, so as with NFS Shift 2, I may have been a little quick to complain about quality that is actually there....lol

Last edited by a moderator:
10 year old pre-order for Duke Nukem Forever redeemed!

receipt.jpg

Ok I'm half way though the single player game and can't see any of the bad stuff I read in the reviews. So far it's been nothing but fun with a lot of laughs. It's not all runnin and gunnin there are puzzles that shake things up. I think the graphics are just fine not the greatest but I've seen a lot worst. If you haven't gotten this game yet go get some.

Back