Windows 7 DWM (and Aero theme) crashes each time I turn msn on

away

Today I installed Windows 7 ultimate on my computer. After sucessful instalation I started with instalation of applications. Everything worked fine until I installed Windos Live Messenger (latest version).
I ran it in Vista compatibility mode to avoid problem with msn in taskbar.

But next problem occured:
Each time I turn MSN ON my Desktop Window Manager crashes. As reason I get message that one of my programs (msn live in this case) is not compatible with DWM. After that I run Aero theme troubleshooting program, and it fixes problem WHILE msn is still running. And everything works fine till the next time I turn msn on / off.

I know that crashing of DWM was known problem on Vista, but I thought it was repaired on Windows 7.

Additional informations:
I have problems only with PC that I'm using in my office. At home I have same settings and programs and everything works perfect.

Tried to contact several people regarding this issue and noone was able to give me sollution or explanation of my problem.

Anyone here can help?

No, I'm sorry it's not that.
I did what u told me and nothing changed.

Anything else?

I have just tried MSN, installed it regular mode, signed in and out, and haven't been able to reproduce the problem.

1. MSN has been known to conflict with certain software like AVG - resulting in dwm.exe crash. Just an info.
2. If you are using MSN lite version, install full.
3. A good idea is to contact Link Removed - Invalid URL.
4. If nothing helps, or as a temporary solution, try the freeware Pidgin - which supports MSN.

This is all I can suggest right this minute.

Back
Top Bottom