Windows 7 dxdiag problem

Preet

Hi I have a very strange problem,my graphic card supports directx 11.but in dxdiag,in display tab it showing ddi version 10.1.i done all things update directx(already latest version),update graphic card(latest 9.17.10.2875) intel HD Graphics.i searched on many forums,many people have this problem on different hardware & operating system also.i also apply microsoft hotfix which is directx wrongly displaying ddi version 10.1.but it saying update is not applicable to u'r computer.it's very annoying because i can't play directx 11 games & i downloded a ps2 emulator which only showing dx9 & dx10,not dx11.i want to use dx11.i also download correct hotfix,it's x86,i have 32 bit operating system.plz help me..here is report of dxdiag & game booster diagnose report....View attachment DxDiag.txtView attachment Game Booster Diagnose Report.txtView attachment Game Booster Diagnose Report.txtView attachment DxDiag.txtView attachment Game Booster Diagnose Report.txt

what operating system windows 7 right? What does DxDiag say on the system tab:System Information last entry Directx Version:?

Didn't u check dxdiag.txt which i attached.i have windows 7 ultimate 32 bit sp1 build 7601.no problems found.i know it's a micrsoft fault,because it's a known bug in windows 7.i'm here for someone might have solution of my problem.

No i did not check the text. I have windows 7 my Dxdiag says Directx 11. So upgrade to version 11. simple!

no u're wrong i said i done all things even i installed directx11 & downoad directx web installer also & it saying i already have the latest version.i know in dxdiag in first page it always show directx 11 which came pre-installed with windows 7,but in next page display tab it shows u'r graphic card version.in my case it showing ddi version 10.1,i'm sure u have also same.check display tab ddi version.because i searched google & a lot of people have this problem,even on ati 5800 series cards.which are fully support directx 11.i'm sure my graphic crad support directx 11 & in my graphic properties directx version is 11.i know it's microsoft problem.so if anybody have solution,plz tell.if not don't tell me anything,i done all things which u are all saying.if anybody have correct solution,plz tell....thanksss!

I dont think so. You have the Intel HD grpahic of sandy bridge which doesnt support DX11 only 10.1. Ivy bridge supports DX11.

You may use GPU-Z and look at the DirectX Support box.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    47.4 KB · Views: 496
I dont think so. You have the Intel HD grpahic of sandy bridge which doesnt support DX11 only 10.1. Ivy bridge supports DX11. You may use GPU-Z and look at the DirectX Support box.
no it support dx11 do some research & tell.intel website also saying it support directx 11.so if u have solution,tell me.don't talk about ******.if u can't help me.don't reply plz.i'm sure i have directx 11 graphic card.have a look here...https://www.google.co.in/search?q=d...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Last edited by a moderator:
Preet, please watch the language and the tone. People here are just trying to help voluntarily. If they need more information from you or don't understand you, please be patient with them until they do.

no it support dx11 do some research & tell.intel website also saying it support directx 11.so if u have solution,tell me.don't talk about ******.if u can't help me.don't reply plz.i'm sure i have directx 11 graphic card.have a look here...https://www.google.co.in/search?q=d...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Sandy Bridge definitely supports dx11.

Have you read/tried this already, Preet?

A DirectX 11 device is displayed incorrectly as a DirectX 10.1 device in Performance Information and Tools in Windows 7

It seems its possible that it may already be using dx11, just displaying incorrectly in dxdiag.

Sandy Bridge definitely supports dx11.

Have you read/tried this already, Preet?

A DirectX 11 device is displayed incorrectly as a DirectX 10.1 device in Performance Information and Tools in Windows 7

It seems its possible that it may already be using dx11, just displaying incorrectly in dxdiag.

sorry if i said any wrong words.but it's irritating when someone can't help & keep telling false things or which i know.hi gulliwog thanks 4 help,but i tried that.it still showing directx 10.don't close this thread,if anyone have this problem.they can solve,in my case might not.but it would be helpful to others.if anyone have any trick or tool or something for my system,plz tell.

hi everyone,now i did some research & found that some sites reporting intel hd graphics support directx 10.1.sorry i didn't trust you guys.i was sure my graphic card support directx 11,because in information tab of graphic properties.it showing directx 11.0.i downloaded GPU-Z & it showing directx 10.1.i'm confused.what should i do now.anybody have correct link or something of official intel site or something which can solve my question.before 1 or 2 months ago,i downloaded a wrong graphic card of desktop graphics or something.in information tab it was showing directx 10.1.but now i downloaded it from windows update & from intel update utility.now it states in information tab,directx 11.0.i'm very confuse now,plz help.

hi everyone,now i did some research & found that some sites reporting intel hd graphics support directx 10.1.sorry i didn't trust you guys.i was sure my graphic card support directx 11,because in information tab of graphic properties.it showing directx 11.0.i downloaded GPU-Z & it showing directx 10.1.i'm confused.what should i do now.anybody have correct link or something of official intel site or something which can solve my question.before 1 or 2 months ago,i downloaded a wrong graphic card of desktop graphics or something.in information tab it was showing directx 10.1.but now i downloaded it from windows update & from intel update utility.now it states in information tab,directx 11.0.i'm very confuse now,plz help.

I myself know very little directly about intel HD graphics, but I think you need to find out exactly which generation of HD graphics you have. According to the below wiki article there are 6th and 7th gen HD graphics and the 6th are dx10.1 and 7th 11&11.1. Hopefully if you find out exactly which one you have the table will tell you whether its dx10 or dx11

Comparison of Intel graphics processing units - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I myself know very little directly about intel HD graphics, but I think you need to find out exactly which generation of HD graphics you have. According to the below wiki article there are 6th and 7th gen HD graphics and the 6th are dx10.1 and 7th 11&11.1. Hopefully if you find out exactly which one you have the table will tell you whether its dx10 or dx11Comparison of Intel graphics processing units - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
hi gulliwog,thanks for quick reply.how to know which gen Intel HD Graphics.But i know about 2nd generation Intel HD Graphics 2000/3000 & 3rd Generation Intel HD Graphics 4000/2500.now 1 thing confusing me is in graphic propertie's information Tab It showing Directx version 11.0.if anybody have a clear answer.plz help me,i'm very thankfull to him.

I will attach a picture of two of my systems, One with a Sandy Bridge and one with an Ivy Bridge. The fact one is Windows 8 and the other is Windows 7, should not be relevant.

I have taken no additional steps regarding the install of DX11 but I do have the latest bios updates for my system board and Intel Graphics drivers.

Maybe you will see something that will help as far as bios versions, or DirectX versions. You might even attach such pictures yourself so we can compare.

Attachments

• HD3000.PNG
    HD3000.PNG
    121.1 KB · Views: 1,173
  • HD4000.PNG
    HD4000.PNG
    163.6 KB · Views: 716
I will attach a picture of two of my systems, One with a Sandy Bridge and one with an Ivy Bridge. The fact one is Windows 8 and the other is Windows 7, should not be relevant.

I have taken no additional steps regarding the install of DX11 but I do have the latest bios updates for my system board and Intel Graphics drivers.

Maybe you will see something that will help as far as bios versions, or DirectX versions. You might even attach such pictures yourself so we can compare.

Hi..sorry i don't know how to take screenshot of my Graphic Properties.but i saved all information as log file.which is on the top system information & save option.But 1 thing is confusing me why it saying processor graphics in use-INTEL(R)HD GRAPHICS.i attached my log file.

Attachments

• HD Graphics.txt
    1.6 KB · Views: 458
Back