Windows 8 Enlarged horizontal displacement of the screen

Carox

Hello,
I am facing this unique problem with Windows 8. I have observed this while I use programs like autocad, Windows photo viewer and Microsoft OneNote.
When I open any image in Microsoft Photo Viewer, it appears the normal way. However, When I click on the slideshow mode, the image enlarges and horizontally displaces itself with half the image lying out of the screen. I have attached two images, the original one and the enlarged one with the thread.
Similarly, when I use screen clipping in Microsoft One note, the screen which I want to clip gets enlarged on its own with again half the image lying outside the screen.
Please help me!!!
Kindly refer to the dxdiag file for system specifications or any information.

Attachments

• original image.png
    original image.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 681
  • slide show.png
    slide show.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 733
  • DxDiag.txt
    81.5 KB · Views: 526
When the picture is hanging out of the screen have you tried manipulating the screen image via driver/screen options to center it again.

When the picture is hanging out of the screen have you tried manipulating the screen image via driver/screen options to center it again.

Thanks for the reply.
No. I have not. I don't know how to do that. Its for the first time I am witnessing this problem.

Usually the gpu (graphics adapter) will have a little icon in the task bar or you can sometimes access the options by right clicking on the desktop. Check through the options and you should find something to center the screen.

Usually the gpu (graphics adapter) will have a little icon in the task bar or you can sometimes access the options by right clicking on the desktop. Check through the options and you should find something to center the screen.

Thnx Kemical. But my system is currently in its native resolution (1920x1080). With this resolution there is no option to center the screen. This option is there only when I change the resolution. The problems persists even when I change the resolution.
Further, the problem with my system is that the picture also gets enlarged not only displaced!!!

Got it fixed!
Display>Change the size of all items. Selected 100%, either it was 150%. But the text appears too small:(

Hi,

hey that's great! Have you tried the custom sizing options? You might be able to get a happy balance? You will find on the same page in the control panel.

What a little icon in the task bar or you can sometimes access the options by right clicking on the desktop.

Back
Top Bottom