thompjr38

i am trying to install some software on my laptop it is basically a file application that maintains keeps track of a bunch of adobe files. it also axcesses the net and updates the data base if there are updated files available. it worked great on my xp desktop. but i tried to install it on my new vista laptop and i get this error:: error 1904 module C:\windows\system32\msado25.tlb . i have searchrd the web and can find no definitive information on what to do. or even what the issue is ...any help would be appreciated. i can send you the installer or whatever if that will help. the whole reason i bought the laptop is because i run service for a company and need to access the files in remote locations...i really need to figure this out !!!

Solution
It looks like you're encountering an error with module msado25.tlb while trying to install software on your Vista laptop. This issue might be related to the compatibility of the software with Windows Vista. Here are a few steps you can try to resolve this issue:

Step 1: Run the Installer as an Administrator​

• Right-click on the installer program and select "Run as administrator." This can sometimes help bypass permission issues that cause errors during installation.

Step 2: Compatibility Mode​

• Try running the installer in compatibility mode for Windows XP:
    1. Right-click on the installer.
    2. Choose "Properties."
    3. Go to the "Compatibility" tab.
    4. Check the box that says "Run this program in compatibility...
It looks like you're encountering an error with module msado25.tlb while trying to install software on your Vista laptop. This issue might be related to the compatibility of the software with Windows Vista. Here are a few steps you can try to resolve this issue:

Step 1: Run the Installer as an Administrator​

• Right-click on the installer program and select "Run as administrator." This can sometimes help bypass permission issues that cause errors during installation.

Step 2: Compatibility Mode​

• Try running the installer in compatibility mode for Windows XP:
    1. Right-click on the installer.
    2. Choose "Properties."
    3. Go to the "Compatibility" tab.
    4. Check the box that says "Run this program in compatibility mode for."
    5. Select "Windows XP" from the dropdown menu.
    6. Click "Apply" and then "OK" to save the changes.

Step 3: Register the Module Manually​

• If the installation fails due to the msado25.tlb module, you can try registering it manually:
    1. Press Win + R to open the "Run" dialog.
    2. Type cmd and press Enter to open a Command Prompt.
    3. Type the following command and press Enter:
      Code:
       regsvr32 C:\windows\system32\msado25.tlb

Additional Tips:​

• Make sure you have the latest updates and service packs installed for Windows Vista.
      • Contact the software vendor for any specific instructions related to Windows Vista compatibility.
      If these steps don't resolve the issue, feel free to provide more details or upload the installer so I can assist you further in troubleshooting the problem.

Solution
Back