Windows 7 Everything was fantastic, but stoped Internet

Ivone

I was really exited when W7 was installed. All went fine and network and internet was working.

Then suddenly (I am not sure if W7 upgraded it self) internet stopped working. I still see local red, but can't browse.
I have router Linksys, the W7 is on PC. Dell laptop with XP works fine.

When I run Network troubleshooter it shows:
Troubleshooting could not identify the problem.
No issues detected

I did reboot the router- same problem persist
Connection is strong the rest works great.

Any solution ideas?

TIA

Fantastic then stopped

I get the same thing here as well,I could be in the middle of doing something and a little box shows up and says ,internet stopped working, I dont think it is upgrading. I dont really understand it either.

looks like many people is having the same problem.

Hope someone will find a solution.

try.....

did you try to bypass the router and go straight from the modem to the desktop to see if its a conflict with the router? Also, go into command prompt with just the modem in and ping yahoo to see if theres a browser issue .If it is the router. you can give this a try....go into network properties and uncheck IP V6 . Please repost with results

Router?
Well my Dell laptop is connected right now, and always connect with no problem. Yes it has Win XP PRO SP2

The problem is with DHCP - I just had a look. Problem is I am not sure what I can do about it.

Dumb thing tells me what's wrong, but doesn't fix it :)

Any ideas - brutal force or ?

Ok, where is the DHCP configuration, plus it needs IP, Gate, Mask etc. as well.
But where do I make the changes? (It looks like it's stuck)

BTW: I just changed the router and set it default. No security - nada.
Then I setup new Network on Dell laptop and other PC successfully (both Win XP Pro SP2)
The other PC with Win7 still having problem. Maybe a bug?

I am ready to install Win7 7022 (I am sure it will work, but AGAIN how long)

TIA

Last edited:
It's happen to me....

My Broadcom Wireless G gone.... i have try installing the driver but it's not showing up.
I have the problem ....
I need the internet ASAP.....Please Someone Help PLEASE!
i need to bring it to my office do my Important Project....
Wonder if it is a bug ?

Firstly , Language bar MISSING from Taskbar
Secondly . WLAN unable to use.

WTH.....

Have you run ipconfig /all from the command prompt to verify the IP, subnet mask, default gateway, DHPC server, and DNS servers.

For the language bar, I just went to Regional and Language options in Control Panel, chose German for the Format, and the language bar showed up in the tray area with a choice for English or German. Right-click on that and choose settings. Text Services and Input languages should show Germany and English keyboard support.

Back
Top Bottom