Windows 7 explorer doesnt start when starting up my computer

i found csrss.exe but when i try to open it it says it cannot run in win32 mode.. but when i see the properties of the file and klick on details it says that it is a file from microsoft..

You don't want to open it!

Does you virus scanner have a context menu where you can scan a folder?

Did you read the Google search results about the virus?

Yes, it is a Microsoft file, probably modified and should not exist in the C:\windows\config directory.

I checked my machines
XP
Vista
Windows7

Onle Server 2003 is the only one that had a confg directory, but there were no files in it.

nod32 says its not infected.. and i fouind another problem now to.. windows live messenger just starts random.. if i close it and it will open again in a few minutes sometimes ours.. i dont know if those 2 things link together.. but didnt had that before..

If Nod32 doesn't say it's infected, the the virus must have replicated the file into the C:\windows\config directory.

As I stated earlier the Winlogon registry key should only be explorer.exe, no other parameters.

Try going to Start > Run, and type msconfig and uncheck all boxes, then restart.

these are the only programs that startup.. eset is antivir, virtual clonedrive is a virtual dvvplayer for gaming, and it hink youll know the other programs listed..

2j1t10j.gif

You can remove the Java Adobe, and Nvidia entries,, but that's not going to solve the problem.

Check the Start > All Programs > Startup folder also.

Do you have a restore point you can go back to?

No problem,

You might want to try downloading a spyware detector program and scan using that.

You should always have one of these on your system along with your anti-virus software.

Back