Windows 7 Fail regedit! Help! Account login

trenticles

Hey Guys,
After trying to get my 2 windows 7 machines and mac osx to share a network I have completely screwed up my main windows 7 machine. In the tutorial which can be found here Link Removed due to 404 Error

one of the steps was to go into regedit and change the login screen so the "share" user wouldnt appear on startup. However I have accidently changed it so the administrator user doesnt show up at startup and cant figure out how to logon to the other account.

This is the part from cnet...
Hide the share user from the Welcome screen

Just like XP, if you're using the classic CTRL+ALT+DEL log-on screen, then this isn't needed and you can go on to the next step. If you are using the Welcome screen however, you might want to hide the share user in order to keep things tidy.
We'll need the Registry Editor for this piece of magic, so click the Windows button, type regedit in the search box and hit the Enter key.
Once the Registry editor loads, you'll want to browse to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon folder. Right click on the Winlogon folder, choose New and then Key. Enter SpecialAccounts, and hit the Enter key. Right click on SpecialAccounts, choose New and then Key, and enter UserList, and hit the Enter key.
Select UserList on the left, then right click in an empty portion of the right-hand pane and select New and then DWORD (32-bit) Value. Enter the name of the user you don't want to turn up on the log-on screen (in this case, share), close the Registry Editor and then logout. The extra user should now be gone from the list. Note that this will also hide the share user from the User Accounts Control Panel, so you'll need to delete the username key from the registry you just entered, or double click on it and set Value data to 1.

You could try this utility, but I'm not certain it will work on Windows 7

Link Removed - Invalid URL[/URL]

Back
Top Bottom