Windows 7 Fallout 3 (V 1.7) crashes when I try to start a new game.

faizanshakyboy, I don't have any unnecessary software on my system. Everything that I have running on it I need in one way or another on the fly.

Sweet nmusk, I will look that up, and see what I find. Thank you.

I guess you didn't try my suggestion?

FOMM is for managing mod installation although your using it to make sure the expansions are installed.

You DO NOT need to use this.

Ticking the boxes via the data files is enough.

Last edited:
No no, not to make sure they are installed, to make sure they load in the right order. But no I have not yet. Not that I don't want to or don't intend to, I just have to find my disk two first. I lost it somewhere in my closet of software boxes. LoL

Found the disk, I uninstalled, deleted all the directories having to do with the game, restarted my machine, installed the game, installed the DLC, patched to 1.7, it starts the game (really slow), logs me into Live (never a problem any more), but will randomly stop for no reason. I had it stop when I jumped one time, when i fell off a cliff one time, and when I tryed to quick save one time. I have no clue what is wrong with it.

I thought for the heck of it I would check the logs to see if it caught anything. It only got one, but that is all I need I think. Here is a screenshot of the log.

Capture.JPG

No no, not to make sure they are installed, to make sure they load in the right order. But no I have not yet. Not that I don't want to or don't intend to, I just have to find my disk two first. I lost it somewhere in my closet of software boxes. LoL

As far as I'm aware it doesn't matter what order they are installed. I've played F3 many many times as well as installing many times too and I've never had to use something to ensure the expansions are installed in the correct order.. They just install, job done.

May I ask where you got the information to use the FOMM?

Have you tried right-clicking on the start-up exe and choosing compatibility mode? Try something like xp for starters and see how you go.

Thanks for posting the event. This web page will give you some ideas as to what could be causing a 0x0000005 error.

http://www.0xc0000005.com/windows-error-tips/0x0000005.html

Last edited:
Okay, this is weird, I went to point look out before the reinstall, and it crashed at the start. Now I go and it works fine. So far it is only Anchorage that is affected. I know this sounds weird, but I can't make this spit up.

As for the FOMM, it was a requirement for a mod, but the mod didn't work any way. In the notes, it talked about being able to set the load order in any way you wanted. Noticed that Anchorage was being loaded before the original Fallout 3. So to be all fair about it, I can't say that I put it in the right load order. But the game started a lot faster when I had Fallout 3 first.

Personally when I install a game and it doesn't run right but I also know my windows os is fine I'll then check the games forum just in case some one else has had the same issue.

Link Removed - Invalid URL

I kept looking and found a hack that apparently turns it from a single process to a duel. It works great, has almost locked up a couple times, but fixed itself. I'm happy once again LoL.

Your welcome, thank you for all your help. I gave it three full days, just to be sure it wasn't a fluke. Still up and running just fine. If any one needs it let me know and I will send you the code that I put in the ini that worked for me.

Back