Windows 7 Fallout: New Vegas Gets 1 Minute TV Commercial

I've only played Fallout3 up to the part right after the birthday celebration and you get the PIP wrist thing. I know there's tons more to the game of course, and really should continue with it. I think I might have made it up to the part where you take the test to see what kind of career you'll get.

This looks to be very interesting. Very cool! Thank you for posting.

You've only played upto when??? My god G you don't know what your missing.. This game is huge and even after playing many, many times I've still yet to visit every area in this vast world.

Nice find Mike..

I've only played Fallout3 up to the part right after the birthday celebration and you get the PIP wrist thing. I know there's tons more to the game of course, and really should continue with it. I think I might have made it up to the part where you take the test to see what kind of career you'll get.

This looks to be very interesting. Very cool! Thank you for posting.

A few people I recommended the game to got stuck in the vault and never bothered continuing with the game. Fact is, the game is truly vast. I think the roleplaying elements throw a lot of people off, but the emersive storyline, included DLC in the Game of the Year Edition, and option to play the game as you see fit (you can be good/evil) throws you into a really chaotic post-apocalyptic world. This was the 2008 Game of the Year and is still completely engrossing due to the character customization and huge world. I think the next one is going to really be over the top. Either that or a huge disappointment. Either way, I'm already counting down the days now :D

Countdown to Launch

Fallout 3: New Vegas customers who purchased through Valve/Steam and other online retailers will be able to access the game at 3:01 AM US Eastern Time.

Heres what we've got:

Five Things You Didn't Know About New Vegas:
Link Removed - Invalid URL

On The Story

The Strip Trailer

Developer Interview

New Vegas Technology

The Factions Trailer

Additional:

Last edited:
Last edited:
well I got the game but it is buggy as hell need patch asap

Really? Ah see this why I waited.. Mike say's it's running really well so could it be your system or is it definitely the game?

My system on highest settings is running really smoothly, mostly above 30 fps always. Sometimes a little less. Still always smooth appearance though.

I only have a P4 3.5 gHz w/ 2 GB DDR and an HD3850 AGP factory OC 256 bit GDDR3.

well I got the game but it is buggy as hell need patch asap

If it gets chuggy (stuttering), it will almost have something to do with your HD or video card, krypto. I was unable to play Fallout 3 on my laptop until I upgraded the HD. But I'm surprised. It runs a lot smoother than Fallout 3 did for me. Its clear they have upgraded the engine, but then again the textures are also rendering a lot clearer. Have you tried turning off HDR and anti-aliasing in the options? Perhaps lower the res. If you still get a stutter it may be the HD. This game will use a lot of disk I/O as something is constantly going on. If it can run on a P4 as TorrentG says I would really check this out.

If it gets chuggy (stuttering), it will almost have something to do with your HD or video card, krypto. I was unable to play Fallout 3 on my laptop until I upgraded the HD. But I'm surprised. It runs a lot smoother than Fallout 3 did for me. Its clear they have upgraded the engine, but then again the textures are also rendering a lot clearer. Have you tried turning off HDR and anti-aliasing in the options? Perhaps lower the res. If you still get a stutter it may be the HD. This game will use a lot of disk I/O as something is constantly going on. If it can run on a P4 as TorrentG says I would really check this out.

I got the 360 version lets just say it has issues fallout 3 runs much smoother

There were talks about problems fitting newer PC games into memory on the consoles, including Final Fantasy XIV (MMORPG). One of the reasons it is not available on console is now both memory and GPU limitations of the consoles. If these problems continue, it will lead to a resurgence of PC gaming. A new rig can easily be outfitted to spar head on with the PS3 or XBOX 360 today. Square Enix is rumored to have had an argument over the charges for XBOX Live since they would still have to charge their customers a monthly fee for the MMORPG *plus* the XBOX Live subscription. For PS3 they are having memory issues due to insufficient memory.

I would not be surprised if the game was squeezed onto XBOX with New Vegas. Personally? I have the XBOX 360 controller for PC for this game (New Vegas), and I have it turned off. WASD and the space bar works fine for me when I'm using the gun from Blade Runner to mow down convicts. There's just something to be said about this game that demands it be played on a PC... but thats just my two cents.

Attachments

• FalloutNV-2010-10-20-15-48-32-59.jpg
    FalloutNV-2010-10-20-15-48-32-59.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 524
The release of Fallout: New Vegas has been a little bumpy, with reports of a number of bugs that have shown up. Of course, Bethesda acted quickly and told players that a new patch would be on the way to address the issues. In a unique turn of events, the patch for the PC version was released today, but Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 owners are still waiting.

The patch resolves a number of bugs related to the quest and scripting issues and will be downloaded by PC players by the in-game automatic update if they are connected to the Internet. As for the 360 and PS3 patch, we hear that the developer is working hard to get the latest patch through the approval process and out to the console players as soon as possible.

One other New Vegas bug that is unique to PS3 users was that pre-order bonus codes were not working. This has been fixed on the backend, but if players continue to get an error, they should wait a full 24 hours before trying the code again. Sources confirm to us that they have been able to now finally download their pre-order bonuses.

Ref: Link Removed due to 404 Error

I got the 360 version lets just say it has issues fallout 3 runs much smoother

I have a friend.. or someone i met online and added as a friend.. and he has it for the box too, he says it's pretty buggy as well but today there was one of those "quick updates" when he started it.. He said it fixed at least a few of the issues.

Do you have Xbox Live krypto?

I just installed the PC version and the patch that was released yesterday is downloading I'll update you all when I finally get to play it. :) below is me waiting for the download to finish.

Last edited:
Ok I've been running it on ultra high settings and it runs good but just doesn't compare to Fallout 3 the colors are better thats about it. I'll give it some more time before a final judgment.

Re: Fallout: New Vegas trailer By Steven King!

Here's a strange one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Its safe to say this person either edited the video, downloaded corrupt files, or pirated the game. Thats just bizarre. The game runs fine. No bugs I can find.

New Vegas ships 5 million

Despite the bugs, latest Fallout a hit
The sales numbers for Fallout: New Vegas have arrived, and you can almost see the smiles on the faces at Bethesda as they have confirmed that they have shipped over 5 million units. The news is even more surprising, considering that the game has been criticized for the number of bugs the title had at release.

Bethesda claims that an upcoming patch will address the bug issues and fix the majority of the issues that players are complaining about. It is unknown when the patch will arrive for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC versions of the title.

We do know, however, that sales don’t seem to be slowing down; and Bethesda is confirming that retailers are already ordering more copies to keep it in stock over the holiday season.

Ref: Link Removed due to 404 Error

Back
Top Bottom