Windows 8 Familiar w/ Windows 8.1??

Drew

Banned
Whilst I see things said implying Windows 8.1 is not a big deal and while this article does not focus a lot on the cute & pretty End User stuff, it, still, might be good for people to read it, again. Might go a ways towards having a certain (fuller) appreciation for Windows 8.1

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/dn140266.aspx
Cheers,
Drew

This article focuses on "on-the-go" systems which is what Win 8 was specifically designed for.... tablets and notebooks.

No. Only some parts of the article address mobility. The article is about Windows 8.1 Features not, specific devices. The other part or basis of your comment is wrong. Windows 8 was & is designed to work across multiple/all devices (NOT specifically tablets, notebooks et al). Windows 8 is equally 'at home' on a non-Touch PC as it is on any other device.

Cheers,
Drew
Win8Logo (2013_02_06 10_30_24 UTC).jpg .1

No. Only some parts of the article address mobility. The article is about Windows 8.1 Features not, specific devices. The other part or basis of your comment is wrong. Windows 8 was & is designed to work across multiple/all devices (NOT specifically tablets, notebooks et al). Windows 8 is equally 'at home' on a non-Touch PC as it is on any other device.

Cheers,
Drew
View attachment 25253 .1

I know that because I have Win 8 too. I should have said it is oprimized for tablets or touchscreens with the addition of Modern UI/ Start Screen. It works well on any monitors yes and thanks MS for keeping the desktop. If not for the desktop, Win 8 is gone by now.

I know that because I have Win 8 too. I should have said it is oprimized for tablets or touchscreens with the addition of Modern UI/ Start Screen. It works well on any monitors yes and thanks MS for keeping the desktop. If not for the desktop, Win 8 is gone by now.
Then stop trying to make it sound like the desktop is dead.

It is optimized for both touch and desktop use. Just like the built in UI for blind users is optimized for blind users. Are you going to start arguing that windows is built only for the blind?

By the way, here is a screenshot of my workstation.

multiple%20windows.png

If you absolutely hate the touch UI on 8, then there is a way for you to make it disappear forever and ever. It only takes about 30 seconds to do.

But I guess it's more fashionable these days to whine about it.

Back