Windows 7 Fast, Powerful Search Utility Enables Hidden features

reghakr

Essential Member
In a previous post I mentioned Powerdesk

It's File Finder feature leaves Windows Search in the dust.

You can search using wild cards, including multiple wild cards, such as lf*12*.dll. this will locate all occurrences of Lead Tools graphic viewers that require version 12.

My initial search took 2 minutes, the C:\winsxs folder taking the most amount of time.

The initial search is the slowest, but still far superior to Windows Search. This search went through two partitions containing 87,500 files and 5,700 folders. the subsequent search only took only 15 seconds

You can append file result searches

You can limit search by path or drives

You can search the internal contents of files

You can search by attributes

You can search by Date, Time, and Size

You can filter by any file type. As an example, I have ACDSee installed on my system. You can select ACDSee bmp image and it will return all bitmap files.. You can search for specific Video Lan Player files.

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Last edited by a moderator:
No problem,

A very powerful free program.

To access the Find Files option, navigate to the C:\Program Files\Vcom\Powerdesk directory, right click on pdfind.exe and drag a shortcut to your desktop.

No need to setup anything, it's on the right-click context menu,when you right-click on a file or directory. it takes that and copies it to the clipboard.

It's very useful for pasting things in the run box or Command Prompt as it eliminates typing.

Also, check out the additional commands on the File menu.

Did you check out the SendTo menu?

Back
Top Bottom