Windows 10 File path for downloaded software?

Cmann

Hi,

is there a file path that displays ALL downloaded and fixed software on a Windows file system? Including communications software such as Skype, emails etc.

There's nothing that distinguishes between downloaded files vs downloaded programs. As far as Windows is concerned they're all just files.

Installed applications can be viewed in Control Panel > Programs and Features or via Powershell Get-Package

You can certainly dig through your browser(s) cache and see what you downloaded, but not much to look at in Windows.

There's nothing that distinguishes between downloaded files vs downloaded programs. As far as Windows is concerned they're all just files.

Installed applications can be viewed in Control Panel > Programs and Features or via Powershell Get-Package

You can certainly dig through your browser(s) cache and see what you downloaded, but not much to look at in Windows.
Thanks for your response. I’m looking at Windows via Autopsy forensic software so I’m trying to look at the best way of looking at the downloaded software

I would look at browser cache and if needed use data recovery software look for old copies such as testdisk.

Chrome, Firefox and new Chromium based Edge all use SQLite to store their data.

Example: Chrome store download history here
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default

under the History SQLITE database
You can use SQLITEMAN to examine the data structure. It also shows where the download was from.
1580682749387.png

Back