File transfer smartphone->windows pc and vice versa

bluenite

I need help with transferring files to/from smartphone using my own home wifi network. It should be possible to do it directly without other sw, but I'm used to SendAnywhere (or ShareIt)where it's really easy. But I don't know how to achieve the highest transfer speed, i.e. about 100Mbit (+-12,5Mbyte/s), because it only happens at internet speed, which I have here 20Mbit (2,5Mbyte/s). The pc is connected by cable to the router, it has no wifi. On another pc it went like this, here I don't know what and how to set it up. Can anyone experienced advise? Or how to configure that sw if anyone knows that. I wouldn't be asking here if it hadn't worked before. Now I'm talking about a different pc, different os (Win11 instead of Win10).Thank you for any advice.
Peter

To achieve high transfer speeds of about 100 Mbps between your smartphone and Windows PC over your home Wi-Fi network, there are a few options you can try:

1. Enable Wi-Fi Direct: Wi-Fi Direct allows direct device-to-device communication without the need for a router. Most modern smartphones and Windows PCs support Wi-Fi Direct. On your smartphone, go to the Wi-Fi settings and look for an option to enable Wi-Fi Direct. On your Windows PC, you may need to install a third-party Wi-Fi Direct service or use built-in features like "Project to this PC" in Windows settings.

2. Use FTP (File Transfer Protocol): FTP allows you to transfer files over a local network, and it can provide faster speeds compared to using internet-based file transfer services. Install an FTP server app on your smartphone, such as "AndFTP" (Android) or "FTP Server" (iOS). Connect your Windows PC to the same Wi-Fi network, then use an FTP client application like FileZilla on the PC to connect to the FTP server on your smartphone and transfer files.

3. Use Windows File Sharing (SMB): Windows PCs support file sharing using the Server Message Block (SMB) protocol, which allows you to access shared folders on your PC from your smartphone. On your Windows PC, right-click on the folder you want to share, select "Properties," go to the "Sharing" tab, and enable sharing. On your smartphone, you can use a file manager app that supports SMB sharing, such as Solid Explorer (Android) or FileExplorer (iOS), to access your PC's shared folders over Wi-Fi.

Regarding the SendAnywhere or ShareIt applications you mentioned, you may need to configure them correctly to achieve the highest transfer speeds. Look for settings related to local network file transfer or Wi-Fi Direct within the app settings and ensure it is enabled.

It's also worth noting that the actual transfer speeds may vary based on the Wi-Fi signal strength, device capabilities, and file sizes.

Back
Top Bottom