Windows 7 Files Viewable by All Users

bauer24

Hi,

I have a bunch of files and folders that i want hidden from the other users on my computer. I have one of two admin accounts, the rest are limited. I have set the correct permissions settings (Changing from Allow to Deny ) in C:\Users

Now, when a user makes a search from within the START menu, my files are listed. How can i take this off? The folder has been set to hidden, and i have unchecked "the Allow files in this folder to have contents indexed".

Thank You!

There is a registry hack where yu could deny access to certain files whther they visible or not.

Windows gives the ability to restrict the applications that can be run by users on a workstation.
Open your registry and find the key [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion \Policies\Explorer]

Create a new DWORD value and name it "RestrictRun" set the value to "1" to enable application restrictions or "0" to allow all applications to run.

Then create a new sub-key called [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion \Policies\Explorer\RestrictRun] and define the applications that are allowed. Creating a new string value for each application, named as consecutive numbers, and setting the value to the filename to be allowed (e.g. "regedit.exe").

Restart Windows for the changes to take effect.
Note: If you are the person who applies Group Policy, do not apply this restriction to yourself. If applied too broadly, this policy can prevent administrators from running Group Policy or the registry editors. As a result, once applied, you cannot change this policy except by reinstalling Windows.

(Default)REG_SZ(value not set)1REG_SZ"notepad.exe"2REG_SZ"regedit.exe"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Exp...
[FONT=verdana,arial]Settings:[/FONT]User Key: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\
Explorer]
System Key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\
Explorer]
Name: RestrictRun

Back