Windows 7 Finally Finished !!!

Hi fatboy,

I haven't seen that particular benchmark, I'll google for it..

I've had a bit of an 'epiphinany' regarding benching though.. When I first got this chip I started the usual benching with 3d mark 06 but soon came to realise that the figures obtained don't really relate to anything apart from scores to do with 3d mark 06. I wanted to be able to see how much my system had improved from say tweaking or overclocking..
So now I use Crysis and the benching marking utility that you can download to ascertain how my pc is really running.
I guess it's just personal preference but it seems to make more sense to me when I see that my system will now bench at x amount frames per second as apposed to say an extra 500 3d marks...

Talking of benchmarks, see: http://winvistaforums.com/windows-vista-multimedia/16108-bench-your-browser.html

I found the benchmark and ran it.
Check the screenie for my results although I'm not sure if thats good or not for my set-up.

So it's kinda like free version of WOW?
There is some guys at work that play WOW and that is about all they talk about, they are bad as the guys that talk of nothing but ball games :rolleyes:

I'm with you on that....

I've never played the above game or WOW, these types of games don't really interest me but I can see why people like them.
Give me Crysis any day.....:cool:

I'm with you on that....

I've never played the above game or WOW, these types of games don't really interest me but I can see why people like them.
Give me Crysis any day.....:cool:
Same here!
I'll bet it's gonna look sweet on the new monitor. :D

I bet...
I really need to upgrade my moniter.. I'm still using a CRT! But hey, if it works....

I will upgrade this year though, probably with a 17' or something like that. I don't want to start playing games at big resolutions as my card has only a 512MB of memory. Alright i know it's GDDR5 but still, bigger resolutions run better with larger frame buffers which is why I've kept the CRT for so long..

Humm,
now thats a problem but, not anywhere the likes of what I have. If I reboot, I will usually get a blank colored screen. Nothing I have done so far including going to Vista 32 bit has changed anything significantly. It eventually goes away but, it might take a few reboots. Then if I reboot again, it starts all over again. Love it. Oh I mhave tested the hardware which seems fine so far. However, lets just say this probblem is beginning to bore me a lot.

Pardon the intrusion but WTF are you talking about?
LOL I think you musta posted on the wrong thread. :D

Hi Lorenkjr,

sounds like you've got a nasty problem there but as not to crash fatboys thread, send me a pm and we'll see what we can do.....:)

Sorry, I did not mean to get off thread. Maybe I will my answer elsewhere.

I'm sorry to have been harsh.
Kemical and I were talking about monitors and you came out of left Field with your questionI just figured you had posted on the wrong thread by mistake.

Thank you,
that means a lot especially coming from a friend. I have had just a boat of problems lately. Though at the moment they seem to be corrected. However what hurts the most is I really don't know what I did that corrected the situation. I know from following your threads you hate new equipment failing to do what you expect it to do, right? Anyway, I hope your equipment is working now and working right and I hope mine holds for at least another day. Take care. And I will try to separate my requests for help to the form of separate questions.

Thanks again. I was just frustrated but, thats normal lately. Anyway, the problem on my end is gone thankfully so, I guess thats a big plus. Everything tip top for you today? I hope so!!!! I went for a short spin on the Buell this afternoon. Weather is ok so, why not? It's fun but, no thanks to more than as day or so every once in while. Be good!!!!

Got my new LCD and holy cow! it is a lot bigger than I expected. :eek:
I went from a 22 to a 24 but didn't think there would be a major difference but I was wrong. Even on "text" setting it's a bit brighter than I'm used to.

Back