Windows 7 Firefox: What is up with it not closing?

myvinyl333

I get messages that say" Firefox is already running, please close before opening or restart your computer..."I wish I had not updated FF from previous versions. I have 3.62 on 3 machines and it is the same... Can't completely close out of ff.
Anyone else have this issue running it on W7?
jorge:cool:

Last edited:
Solution
It seems like you're experiencing an issue where Firefox is not closing properly on Windows 7, and you're getting a message saying that Firefox is already running. This can be frustrating, but there are a few steps you can try to resolve this issue: 1. Check Task Manager: - Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager. - Look for any Firefox processes running in the "Processes" tab. - If you find any, right-click on them and select "End Task." 2. Restart Your Computer: - Sometimes, a simple restart can help resolve issues with applications not closing properly. 3. Restart Firefox in Safe Mode: - Press Win + R, type firefox --safe-mode, and press Enter. - In Safe Mode, try closing Firefox and see if...
It seems like you're experiencing an issue where Firefox is not closing properly on Windows 7, and you're getting a message saying that Firefox is already running. This can be frustrating, but there are a few steps you can try to resolve this issue: 1. Check Task Manager: - Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager. - Look for any Firefox processes running in the "Processes" tab. - If you find any, right-click on them and select "End Task." 2. Restart Your Computer: - Sometimes, a simple restart can help resolve issues with applications not closing properly. 3. Restart Firefox in Safe Mode: - Press Win + R, type firefox --safe-mode, and press Enter. - In Safe Mode, try closing Firefox and see if the issue persists. Safe Mode disables add-ons and custom settings temporarily. 4. Update Firefox: - In some cases, updating Firefox to the latest version can resolve known issues. Make sure you are running the latest version available. 5. Reset Firefox: - If the issue continues, you can try resetting Firefox to its default settings. - Press Win + R, type firefox --safe-mode, and press Enter. - Click on the "Refresh Firefox" button. If the issue persists, it might be helpful to try these steps on each of the three machines you mentioned. Let me know if you need further assistance!

Solution
Back