Windows 7 Flash player addon issue

ZHoob2004

for a while i was using ie x64 until i learned that flash palayer doesn't work when a big box popped up and told me so. i clicked ok, or cancel or whatever and inadvertently disabled the addon to install it. now, in 32 bit IE, i am unable to reinstall the addon for the flash player installer. anyone know what to do about this? i already tried resetting my settings but it didn't work.

Do you have A Vista machine?

If so, you can copy the installer from the C:\windows\system32\Macromed directory.. These two files:
FlashUtil10a.exe
Flash10a.ocx

The double-click the FlashUtil10a.exe and the install should work.

You may be prompted with an upgrade box, go ahead and download the upgrade.

No, i dont have a vista machine. What i don't understand, is why can't i simply re-enable it. Why isn't there an option for me to do that? and ive already tried deleting that entry from the registry, it just comes back.

Using Explorer, navigate to the C:\windows\system32\Macromed directory.

If you see a file named FlashUtil10a.exe, double-click on that file to start the install. If that doesn't work or that file isn't there, look for the file named Flash10a.ocx. If tat file is there, go to Start > and type:
regsvr32.exe C:\windows\system32\Macromed\Flash10a.ocx

If you see a box that said it registered successfully, Flash should now work, depending on what keys you deleted from the registry.

Ok, after some further research and experimentation, I have come to the realization that there is a systemwide block on all software published by "Adobe Systems Incorporated". A message box had a help topic "How do I unblock this publisher?" but the topic it pointed to was blank. Does anyone know how to unblock this? I looked in the control panel and registry but couldn't find anything.

FIXED!

It was in the internet explorer certifiates options. on the content tab in the internet explorer settings.

Last edited:
Excellent, you got it.

Since I just re-installed Windows 7 I went to Macromedia's site and successfully downloaded it. When the message popped upto install the control i chose to trust Adobe Systems, I checked Yes, always.

Excellent, you got it.

Since I just re-installed Windows 7 I went to Macromedia's site and successfully downloaded it. When the message popped upto install the control i chose to trust Adobe Systems, I checked Yes, always.

I was also having this problem and that's exactly what I did after doing a fresh format and clean install of Win 7... ;) Worked like a charm....

Back