Windows 7 folder will not show me content

sorenbh

Extraordinary Member
Recent my Window7 Prosesional 64 bit has lately behaving strange

After some hours when I have used several programs, and try to open an folder( like computers) they are empty !!!! no content !!!

If I lock off and then lock in again everything is OK.

I am running 24/7, using Ccleaner , Malwarebytes, Norton Internet Security

Last time using Windows Update 09 oct 2013

Anyone have had the same problem !!!

Søren

Try running a system file check..... sfc /scannow.
Start button > search box, type cmd > top left, right click at cmd.exe > click Run As Admin > at the flashing prompt, copy/paste this command......
sfc /scannow
press Enter.

Will take some time. When done it will give you a report of either.....( paraphrasing)
No integrity violation, or,
Found corrupt files and repair successful, or,
Found corrupt files but unable to do repair.

P.S.
CCleaner....... stay away from using the Registry option.
Malwarebytes .... is it a free edition?
If it is a paid Pro edition, you should talk to people in Malwarebytes and Norton forums and find out if there is conflict between MBAM and NIT

Have tried sfc /scannow, run it before posting no files found
Malwarebytes Pro paid edition and I have found some malware last week and removed it.

Also used
reg Orginizer Registry Editor to scan for for malware filenames found and removed those

when the problem pups up I lockout and locckin in and Windows works normal again

thanks for your reply

You seem to have got it fixed, so I'm a bit late, but still: It could be one of these mysterious Windows 7 events, I think. Open Explorer, right click the folder > Properties > Security > pick the username > check it has the appropriate rights. In order to do the whole sequence you may need to have to be the Administrator to start with.

It's sometimes tricky, to get control of what you actually own. Take Ownership, http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/wind...ership-to-explorer-right-click-menu-in-vista/ might be handy.

Best of luck and all. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom