Windows 7 Follow directions...

born2golf

I got the key for downloading Win7 and couldn't get it to launch so I looked at some of the files and found setup.exe in one of the files and clicked on it. Without thinking, I clicked on it and ended up downloading it over the top of Vista. Now I have Windows 7 Ultimate as my operating system and fortunately I have the Recover Disks to fall back on. So please follow the directions on how to dowload Win7 safely.:mad:
So far I have had no problems with it and will have till August to take a good look at Win7. I like the new paint job and hope MS fine tunes the engine before the release. It will be interesting to see if they have paid any attention to our feedback regarding our findings to date and what the cost of Win7 will be.

I don't know how you did that, because you have to create an image on a DVD, then insert that as Windows boots.

Did you download the file directly from Microsoft?

I downloaded it from technet into a WinRAR zip. From there I could see different types of files and after searching the files I found setup.exe and the rest is history. I now have Win7 Ultimate as my OS. Oh well, I made bigger mistakes in life so I will deal with it and move on. I know beta means "BETA!" I also love challenges and this is not that big of deal other than time consuming.
Everything is running great and will keep reviewing it until Aug 1st and then the work begins as I will have to buy it or Recover Vista.

I don't know how you did that, because you have to create an image on a DVD, then insert that as Windows boots.

Did you download the file directly from Microsoft?

Actually that's not true. You can setup.exe and upgrade your current OS from inside the OS. I did it.

Actually that's not true. You can setup.exe and upgrade your current OS from inside the OS. I did it.

Correct; I did both, first the DVD iso then the method you're saying (two machines).

Both W7s are very nice, but the one on the laptop, the DVD install, seems less stable, especially the flashing taskbar on some websites (the "show desktop" botton on the right). Weird because the laptop has better graphics and cpu than the PC. :rolleyes:

Submitting a lot of feedback. :cool:

You can also dump the contents of the ISO into a flash drive and install from that if your PC supports booting from USB. ;)
Burning/mounting the ISO isn't the only way to get 'er done anymore.

Thanks all,

I just never bothered looking what was on the dvd, as I've only installed Linux OS's from an iso file.

Now, I see you can even install Lnux using a flashdrive.

Back