Windows 7 For Any Mozilla Thunderbird & Eternal Septembers Users From Sr. Citizen, Please

Robert11

Extraordinary Member
Hello,

In my 80's now, so please bear with me a bit.

Using Mozilla Thunderbird for eMails on my older pc running W7.
Like it a lot, as do family members.

Have just bought a new Apple iMac
Have the following questions please, regarding transferring Folders and items from
this W7 pc to the new Apple.

Will partition the Apple such that it has about 1/2 for Apple OS items, and the other half for W10 items.

a. How do I go about transferring Folders from the W7 pc to the W10 partition on the iMac ?

I guess there is also another option:

b. I understand that there is a Thunderbird version available also for Apple OS.
If I put the new Thunderbird on the Apple side of the iMac, how could I transfer
from the old W7 pc to the new iMac, but on theApple side (Not on the W10 partition) ?

Would really be grateful for step-by-step instructions.
Not too sharp with this "stuff" anymore.

Might as well also ask: Possible to use their nice Usenet Reader, Eternal September, on the Apple side of the iMac ?
If so, how do I transfer, etc. all the items I have created there ?

Thanks for help; much appreciated
Bob

There isn't anything special involved in copying files from a Windows computer to a Mac. Simply copy the files to a usb flash or hard drive, plug it into the MAC and copy them to the Mac.

The filesystems are completely transparent to the user and Mac can read exFAT and NTFS without any issues.

Not sure on 'Eternal September', but if it is an application and there is a Mac version then it should work fine.

Back
Top Bottom