Windows 7 forbiden access to cd/dvd drive from my computer

docpipe

I have a very stupid problem, I can't access files on cd or dvd from my computer. When I double click on cd/dvd icon in my computer, nothing happened. If I access cd/dvd drive from Speed Commander, I can see and copy files, but when I try to view or execute them I get the error massage: "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item".

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Solution
It seems like you are encountering an issue with accessing files on CD or DVD drives on your computer. The error message you mentioned, "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item," typically indicates a permissions issue. Here are a few solutions you can try to fix this problem: 1. Check User Permissions: - Ensure that your user account has the necessary permissions to access the CD/DVD drive and its contents. You can check and adjust the permissions in the Security tab of the drive properties. 2. Run as Administrator: - Try running the application you are using to access the CD/DVD drive as an administrator. Right-click on the application...
It seems like you are encountering an issue with accessing files on CD or DVD drives on your computer. The error message you mentioned, "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item," typically indicates a permissions issue. Here are a few solutions you can try to fix this problem: 1. Check User Permissions: - Ensure that your user account has the necessary permissions to access the CD/DVD drive and its contents. You can check and adjust the permissions in the Security tab of the drive properties. 2. Run as Administrator: - Try running the application you are using to access the CD/DVD drive as an administrator. Right-click on the application shortcut and select "Run as administrator." 3. Disable Antivirus: - Sometimes, antivirus programs can block access to certain files on external drives. Temporarily disable your antivirus program and check if you can access the files. 4. Check Group Policies: - Check if there are any group policies restricting access to external drives. You can access Group Policy Editor by typing "gpedit.msc" in the Run dialog (Win + R) and then navigate to "User Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Removable Storage Access" to check policies. 5. Update Drivers: - Make sure that your CD/DVD drive has the latest drivers installed. You can update drivers through Device Manager. 6. Check Registry Settings: - Incorrect registry settings can also cause such issues. Ensure that the registry settings related to CD/DVD drives are correct. 7. Check for Malware: - Perform a full system scan with your antivirus software to check for any malware that might be causing the issue. 8. Run SFC Scan: - Run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for and repair corrupted system files that could be causing the problem. Try these steps and see if they help resolve the issue with accessing files on your CD or DVD drive. If the issue persists, let me know so we can explore further solutions.

Solution