Windows 7 Full screen closes when it lose focus (flash)

Zack Kelley

I am trying to figure out how to make flash players stay in full screen mode when they loose focus (I click somewhere else).

I am using dual monitors, google chrome (though I don't mind switching if necessary), and am watching videos on youtube or something while trying to work on my other screen. Currently it closes. I have already spent a few hours searching and have found places that make changes for chrome, others that make changes for windows, but none of them work, they are all from dec 2009 or earlier, because (i think) chrome or windows have had updates since then that make it so it doesn't work.

Does anyone know any possible solutions or any other way to watch movies on youtube in fullscreen while doing work on another monitor?

Hi.

Since the plugin itself is not going to work how you want it to, your best bet is to find something that lets Windows Media Center play the Youtube content. WMC will stay in full screen mode so you can work on another monitor. All you need to do is Alt + Tab out of WMC and go do your thing. The video would remain playing full.

Back