Windows 7 Gadgets not loading? Read this.

Thank you for the fix. Right now I'm on my Xp hard drive but I'll be sure to that fix soon.

it's a funny thing that the sidebar process that loads the gadgets is dependent to UAC. there have been cases where the gadgets show up with the UAC turned off (unconfirmed though).

i have some problems where some gadgets won't load, particularly imp's drive info gadget. adding it does not really do anything so i uninstalled it.

Gadgets do not work in Control Panel

Hello everyone,

Before I copy and paste those last two lines into my registry, as I am kinda scared to do this, I want to make sure I am following this correctly. I'm running Win 7 (64-bit) RC1, Build 7100, on a Gateway 5474 with 4 MB DDR2 RAM. My UAC appears to be turned on, yet I cannot start Desktop Gadgets in Appearance and Personalization in my Control Panel. It seemed to disappear after I installed Belkins Storage Manager or Logitech's LWS software.

I tried to insert a picture of my registry (by copying and pasting with Notes), but it didn't work, so I've saved the fiule as a .doc document and attached it to this message.

Any help you could provide, plus a step-by-step explanation of what to do would be appreciated. In the previous messages I noted that it was stated to place the quoted contents into the registry, but was unsure of where to do it.
I apologize in advance for being a dummy on this stuff.

Sincerely,

Bushmaster123

Couldn't Import File

Hello there RegHakr,

I attempted to do what you described in the message above, but it wouldn't work for me. I've attached some files so you could see what I did and maybe help me to get my gadgets working again. I'd sure appreciate your help/support.
BTW, I'm running Win 7 64-bit RC1, Build 7100 on a Gateway GM5474 w/4GB of DDR2 RAM.

Please see the attached files. Settings.txt was saved as Settings.reg when I tried to import it to the specified location. Should I have included the whole string (HKEY.... etc.etc..)?

Thank you,

Sincerely,

Bushmaster123