Game refuses to play. Intro then stops

GLucaViggy

Basically I'm trying to run a game from 2003 on windows 7. It used to work fine, but recently it's behaving very odd. The game will run, do its intro, then next will be the main menu screen. But instead it informs that the game has stopped working, tries to find a solution but fails. Anyone know if this can be fixed?

Hi,
if the game has been on the system for a while then it could have become corrupted. Have you tried re-installing the game? Can you also post which game it actually is?
Old games can sometimes be made to run by using 'Compatibility mode'. You need to right click on the start up exe or icon, choose properties and then compatibility.

Hi,
if the game has been on the system for a while then it could have become corrupted. Have you tried re-installing the game? Can you also post which game it actually is?
Old games can sometimes be made to run by using 'Compatibility mode'. You need to right click on the start up exe or icon, choose properties and then compatibility.

Tried both of these options and unfortunately it still won't run. Could it possibly be due to a windows 7 update in which it's blocking a file in the game for security reasons since the two weren't designed for each other?

LOL! Cool! To be honest I never played it but do have plenty of games that I once loved but like yours won't play anymore... You might have to put this one down to experience as I can't imagine the support for this game was huge?

LOL! Cool! To be honest I never played it but do have plenty of games that I once loved but like yours won't play anymore... You might have to put this one down to experience as I can't imagine the support for this game was huge?
Ah ok, thanks anyway :)

Back