Windows 10 Games lag after few months of smooth run!!!!

JamesBond007

hi, i have a 8GB ram 1TB hard disk hp pc with graphics memory of 512mb. i have been using my pc for gaming and it worked well on almost all games i have tried. but recently most of the games started to lag and some of them even have a cutting frames. even the game with the lowest quality and size (40 mb to be precise) has that cutting frame thing. when i say cutting frame i mean the whole screen doesn't behave the same some part of it will be okay and the remaining part flashes white light rapidly. but i am sure my screen is good because i have no problem with any of my applications i use.

Hi James,

over time a system install can degrade which can slow the os down and become 'laggy'.

This can generally be avoided by a little maintenance.

Update your drivers particularly gpu drivers.

Avoid using apps which find drivers for you as these can install incorrect as well as correct drivers.

If your unsure where to find your drivers post back and we'll help.

Laptops use drivers found on your lappies support page which is often easily found via a quick google.

Again, any problems finding them just ask.

The cutting frames thing you mention sounds like it could be a couple of things but have you tried 'vsync'? Vsync helps when the top part of the screen is moving faster than the bottom which introduces tearing. You can often find this setting in the games options or driver options.

If your system hasn't been cleaned in a while that can slow things down. Run windows apps like 'Disk Clean', defragment and optimise drives (found in start menu under windows admin tools).

Running these scans may help also. In the start menu find command prompt, right click on it and click run as administrator. Type:

File scans
Right click on the Start menu icon and from the revealed list choose 'admin command prompt'. Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

If the first scan found files it could not repair but the second scan is successful, run the first scan again using the same command prompt box and this time it should repair the files found.

Back