Windows 11 Get Started app

stueycaster

Millennium Celebration Award Winner
Premium Supporter
I'm running the latest version of Windows 11. I run a few Rainmeter Gadgets too. Particularly the CPU Usage gadget. I have my computer set up to turn off the display after a certain amount of time. Then the display turns back on when I move the mouse.

Lately when it starts back up the CPU gadget shows that there has been a lot of activity going on. Task Manager - App History says the Get Started app has been running a lot. It has been active for hours when other apps have only been active for a little bit.

I looked up how to get rid of the Get Started app. Info that I have found says It can't be removed. I have no need of it so I'd really like to remove it. Or at least make it stay inactive when My display is off and the machine is running.

I have an ASUS ROG Zephyrus M15 GU502LU_GU502LU Laptop. The CPU is an "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHz". It has 16 GB Ram, a 512 GB SSD System drive and a 2 TB SSD Storage drive.

I'd really like to be able to just let it run with the display off but I don't want the Get Started app to run. So I have to manually put it to sleep whenever I'm taking a break from it. The computer refuses to sleep automatically. If I set it up to do that the keyboard backlight turns on and off and the computer won't sleep.

Are you turning off the monitor or putting the system to sleep? If the first then everything will run as expected during system idle.

If this is a UWP app you can list them out from powershell like this
Code:
Get-AppxPackage -Name *someappname*
If NonRemovable is True for the app in question then yes you can not remove it by normal means.

This happens if I allow it to turn the display off automatically. If I manually put it to sleep It's fine.

Right, because the system basically is not running in sleep and is otherwise.

Back