Windows 10 Glitch/Virus that moves my cursor to the bottom of my screen and spams the E key

JuiceEnjoyer

My computer randomly started moving my cursor to the bottom left corner of my screen and spamming the E key extremely fast. This started after I queued for a match in a video game(I don't think the video game is related). I can move my cursor for about 2 seconds and then it teleports over the the windows button in the corner of my screen and spams E and Left click. I restarted my computer 3 times and when I login to my user there is almost no abnormal things happening other than my cursor disappearing and reappearing very fast. I have unplugged all of the gear from my computer and it still does the same thing. Since my cursor is pretty much stuck in the corner, I cannot launch any virus scan apps or anything.

Moving the mouse and spamming e? Does it do it whilst the mouse/keyboard aren’t plugged in? Or does it only happen when you try to interact with the mouse/keyboard? Do you have a touchpad?

If you can use your keyboard, use the tab key to move selection to the search box, go into device manager. Tab again to select the mouses driver then uninstall. If you scan, scan for hardware changes by using the tab key to navigate. Alternatively restart the computer and it should detect it.

the driver would be located under mouse and other pointing devices. If you press enter selecting it, you should be able to select the driver under it.

Any luck?

Moving the mouse and spamming e? Does it do it whilst the mouse/keyboard aren’t plugged in? Or does it only happen when you try to interact with the mouse/keyboard? Do you have a touchpad?

If you can use your keyboard, use the tab key to move selection to the search box, go into device manager. Tab again to select the mouses driver then uninstall. If you scan, scan for hardware changes by using the tab key to navigate. Alternatively restart the computer and it should detect it.

the driver would be located under mouse and other pointing devices. If you press enter selecting it, you should be able to select the driver under it.

Any luck?
It still happens even if I unplug everything. Because of that, I can only go into the search box for about a second, and even if I did manage to type out Device Manager, it would just be filled with E's I have tried restarting my computer multiple times and unplugged it for about an hour without having any different results.

It still happens even if I unplug everything. Because of that, I can only go into the search box for about a second, and even if I did manage to type out Device Manager, it would just be filled with E's I have tried restarting my computer multiple times and unplugged it for about an hour without having any different results.
It is not a broken keyboard or mouse, is it? Can you unplug the keyboard?
I unplugged my keyboard and is still spams E. i unplugged my mouse and it still does the exact same thing.

Can you boot into safe mode, does it still do it then? Does it do it in the recovery menu?

Sorry if the questions seem odd, they have ideas behind them. You may be able to get to the menu pressing f11 at startup.

safe mode will be in startup options.

Last edited:
Can you boot into safe mode, does it still do it then? Does it do it in the recovery menu?

Sorry if the questions seem odd, they have ideas behind them. You may be able to get to the menu pressing f11 at startup.

safe mode will be in startup options.
I booted into safe mode and it is not doing the things it was before. In the start up menu it wasn't doing it either. What exactly can I do in here that can fix this?

Ok, first thing to do is to reinstall the driver. check task manager for any programs that execute on startup, it might be good to post an image here if you’re unsure. Just check for any personal data you don’t want sent. You can find it by pressing windows key and X

When I went into my device manager I noticed that there were some devices that I did not recognize. When I uninstalled them, the thing happened again while I was in safe mode. I don't know which drivers I am supposed to reinstall. The first time I went into safe mode this did not happen.

Now when I boot into safe mode, the thing happens in safe mode as well.
When I went into my device manager I noticed that there were some devices that I did not recognize. When I uninstalled them, the thing happened again while I was in safe mode. I don't know which drivers I am supposed to reinstall. The first time I went into safe mode this did not happen.

Now when I boot into safe mode, the thing happens in safe mode as well.
what were the devices you didnt recognise? If you shutdown, and go back does it still do it in safe mode? The mouse driver would be under mice/pointing devices, probably HID … mouse…

Did you run anything else whilst in safe mode? I assume it still does not do it in recovery menu.

what were the devices you didnt recognise? If you shutdown, and go back does it still do it in safe mode? The mouse driver would be under mice/pointing devices, probably HID … mouse…

Did you run anything else whilst in safe mode? I assume it still does not do it in recovery menu.
There two devices in the mouse/pointers section and in the keyboard section. Those devices had no information about them and I assumed that they were part of the problem.(maybe like a macro or something that is causing this whole thing) I did not run anything while in safe mode other than task manager and device manager. And yes, the recovery menu is still fine.

Ok, you didn’t mention it so im assuming exiting out of safe mode and entering it is fine, but after reinstalling the HID mouse driver it started up again in safe mode. Are you able to get the drivers information in properties / driver. You can show an image of the driver page of both of these devices That have no information?

What mouse are you using?

You may be able to locate the driver directly from the manufacturers website, if so download and install the mouse driver that way. If you need to, you can use safe mode with networking.

Last edited:
I've decided that I'm just going to factory reset my pc. It started doing the thing in the troubleshooting page and I give up. I've been working on this for a long time now with no progress. Hopefully it doesn't start again when I reset. I'm sorry if this was a waste of your time but I cannot thank you enough for helping me for this long.

I've decided that I'm just going to factory reset my pc. It started doing the thing in the troubleshooting page and I give up. I've been working on this for a long time now with no progress. Hopefully it doesn't start again when I reset. I'm sorry if this was a waste of your time but I cannot thank you enough for helping me for this long.
No worries :) hope it works for you! Using a system restore point if you have one, may take it back to a time it worked also.

After I reset my computer, it still kept doing that stupid input glitch. After days of going through forums and getting help from windows support, It turns out that it was all caused by a Wireless Phone Charger from Costco.

Attachments

• E34C3FB3-79A8-4559-83CD-FC2AC497E8CC.jpeg
    E34C3FB3-79A8-4559-83CD-FC2AC497E8CC.jpeg
    19.6 KB · Views: 72
Excellent job!
Who ever could think of that...

What kind of keyboard/mouse got jammed? Cabled/Bluetooth/other kind?

Ah, that’s a new one for me.

In retrospect it’s something I should of figured out really. Ah well, so long as it’s working now :) the safe mode really got me there.

Last edited:
Back