Google contacts

Discussion in 'General Computing' started by bassfisher6522, Oct 16, 2016.

1. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522 Essential Member

Who here uses Google contacts? Can someone tell me what do the color coded circles mean for each letter sections?

2. BIGBEARJEDI

BIGBEARJEDI Honorable Member
    Premium Supporter

Hi Bass,
    I think my Android phone (LG-G5) uses Google contacts, since it's tied in with my Google Calendar to sync with my phone wherever I go. In that regard, take a look at this post which might help you decode the color circles: Yellow, Green, Red icons with contacts and with sms messages

Best,:encouragement:
    BBJ

3. LoboVerde

LoboVerde Active Member

Hm, I just thought it was just for the sake of color, nothing "coded" about it.

4. Moondoggy

Moondoggy Honorable Member

I'm not aware of any color coding associated with Google Contacts. I thought that they might indicate a difference between the classification of the person as a business, a friend, a coworker, family etc. but I changed some classifications on some folks from co-workers to friends but that action did not change the color of the circle. Also, if you log in to contacts and associate a photo of the person with the contact then that photo will show up in your contacts list in placed of a colored circle. My conclusion is that the coloring is simply a random association so not everyone has the same color for their icon.

LoboVerde likes this.