Windows 10 GTA 3 Windows 10

TomHoward

I have recently bought a copy of GTA 3 for my PC and cannot get it to work. I have tried all the compatibility settings and nothing is happening. Sometimes, I get a black screen for a few seconds but that is about it.

I would appreciate any help.

I run both GTA IV and V and some older EA games from 2008 works fine running under Win 10 Pro. There are games from 2003 to 2008 that employ SafeDisc or certain versions of Securom DRM, rendering hundreds of old disc-based games potentially unplayable without complex workarounds. Games which used these forms of DRM range from Grand Theft Auto 3, Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 to the original The Sims.

GTA 3 from Steam will run correctly on Windows 10. You will need the widescreen fix to run the game at “true” widescreen.

A Widescreen frontend fix is an option. It will fix some UI bugs (menu fading, crosshair accuracy, etc.) and scale the menu items correctly.
GTA 3 may not capture your mouse.

You can install Dual Monitor Tools and assign a key combo to lock your cursor to one screen.

Setup is pretty easy

• Install GTA 3 from Steam/etc.
  • Download widescreen fix and frontend fix. Extract both archives into your GTA 3 install directory (ex: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto 3). Overwrite any files if prompted.
  • Launch gta3.exe and install DirectPlay if prompted
  • You may need to close Steam and launch gta3.exe directly the first time if the game crashes after installing DirectPlay.

GTA 3 from Steam will run correctly on Windows 10. You will need the widescreen fix to run the game at “true” widescreen.

A Widescreen frontend fix is an option. It will fix some UI bugs (menu fading, crosshair accuracy, etc.) and scale the menu items correctly.
GTA 3 may not capture your mouse.

You can install Dual Monitor Tools and assign a key combo to lock your cursor to one screen.

Setup is pretty easy

• Install GTA 3 from Steam/etc.
  • Download widescreen fix and frontend fix. Extract both archives into your GTA 3 install directory (ex: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto 3). Overwrite any files if prompted.
  • Launch gta3.exe and install DirectPlay if prompted
  • You may need to close Steam and launch gta3.exe directly the first time if the game crashes after installing DirectPlay.
hi
Thanks for the advice, but before buying I want to be sure that it will work 100%.
is it true what you said and will it work?

hi
Thanks for the advice, but before buying I want to be sure that it will work 100%.
is it true what you said and will it work?
I'm a little late to this party, but I have installed GTAIII in the last couple months and it works just fine with some easily installed mods/patches. The "silent patch" did the trick for me (also fixed the widescreen). Also, there are just some really cool mods for this game and Vice City that can contribute to replayability.

I remember the last time I played GTA 3 back in 2003. I guess you need to shift to Windows XP OS... It is an amazing game and great fun for me..

I have recently bought a copy of GTA 3 for my PC and cannot get it to work. I have tried all the compatibility settings and nothing is happening. Sometimes, I get a black screen for a few seconds but that is about it.

I would appreciate any help.
Good day, friend. Since I have not seen the errors that the computer gives you when installing this game, but still it seems to me that the systems are simply incompatible, since the game is quite old. But I can’t say anything for sure without seeing the error. Try to see the bit depth of your computer and download the version of the game created for your bit through the torrent. I also wanted to share a cool trick that I learned literally today from my friend. His birthday is coming up and he sent me a cool invitation, as I hadn't watched his design talent before, I wondered where such a cool postcard design came from. He told me that on the Internet there appeared online invitation card maker who create postcards on their own. Now I will invite people to the holidays beautifully and I advise you all!

Steam and Rockstar are promising a special package that has ALL the GTA series, with the previous issues (before GTAV) being remade with improved graphics to meet today's more advanced computers. It might be worth looking into this rather than faff about with pre-loaders and old software

Back
Top Bottom