Windows 8 Guidance required for overclocking !

saravanan

I am using Samsung laptop ( core i3 , ram 3gb , hdd 320 gb , ati mobility radeon 4500 series - 512 mb, windows 8 ).I want to overclock my system for better gaming performance . I have tried to do with MSI afterburner . But I am not at all able to increase the sliders in that case . I then used Sapphire Trixx and EVGA Precision X . They allowed me to increase the GPU clock and memory clock . But on restart , they were set up to the default . Even though i made the changes and clicked " apply " , On restart it is brought back to default .

So , plz help me with this . I want to overclock my systerm . I have also uploaded the
screenshots .

Attachments

• evga.JPG
    evga.JPG
    89.6 KB · Views: 466
  • msi.JPG
    msi.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 420
Hi,
you need to tick the 'Start with windows box'. See my screenshot:
tt0f.jpg

Just a few words on overclocking. Normally when overclocking your creating lot's of extra heat and with a desktop it's far easier to deal with that heat build up than it is with a lappie.. Try googling for anything to do with overclocking and your system. The more information you can find the better chance you have of not ending up with a dead machine.

I even tried checking those 2 boxes . I have ticked them . But no use . Still the same . ( Also , i am on a 10 days winter vacation . I would like to overclock only for using it these 10 days. After that i will restore it to default . ) So please help sir !

YEah ! I just uninstalled and installed it back and did the setting u gave . It's working now ! Thanks a lot sir !
But what can I do for the intense heat generated ? Will increasing the fan speed work ? Plz suggest !

You'll have to monitor the heat and make sure it doesn't get too much. I'm not sure if the app will change fan speeds for you as it's designed for use with desktops. That's why I suggested googling for any information regarding that machine and overclocking.
In any case make sure all the vents are free from dust and if possible turn up the fan speed, you might have to enter the bios in order to do this. Watch your temps like a hawk.

Thanks for that help sir !
I do not know what is Frame Target rate . So please guide me what is the and should i increase or decrease it in EVGA ? Also , i read in some overclocking guides to " increase the voltage " . What is the use of increasing or decreasing the voltage ?

Last edited:
This feature will cap the maximum frame rate so if you were running with a framerate of say 80 and wanted to keep it at 60 then this would help you to that. This link explains a littel better than I:
http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphi...ics-Card-Review-Kepler-Motion/Frame-Rate-Targ
Increasing your voltage allows you to overclock further but the trouble is more voltage means more heat and to be honest this is usually something that can only be done in a desktop environment.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom