Windows 7 Halo 2 will not run - gets "LIVE Gaming on Windows failed to initialize"

winfubar

I've been running Halo 2 on the Windows 7 RC for several months and it would always start correctly. I finally installed the Windows 7 Home Premium today to replace the RC, and when I try to start the game, I get this message:
"LIVE Gaming on Windows failed to initialize. This may be because another LIVE Gaming on Windows application (such as the Halo 2 dedicated server) is running on the same machine. Otherwise, reinstalling the game may fix this problem"

I've uninstalled/reinstalled the game several times and I still get this message. I've listed the processes running and I don't see anything that applies to Halo or Windows Live.

Any suggestions?

I should have added that this is on a HP, 64 bit Windows and occurs during the install, which it aborts out of.

Try install games for windows live BEFORE installing the game, it should see its there and skip that issue

ciao a tutti sono luciano di trento
anche a me succede come a vinfubar e non so come muovermi dopo aver disinstallato il gioco....
ho appena preso il computer con windows 7 e non so come fare per far si che Halo 2 funzioni....
da dove si parte per installare i giochi per windows live come ha suggerito highwaymann?
AIUTO!!!!

Translation:
hello to everyone Luciano di Trento
happens to me as vinfubar and do not know how to go after you uninstall the game ....
I just got the computer with Windows 7 and do not know how to do it that Halo 2 functions ....
where you start to install the games for windows live as suggested highwaymann?
HELP!!

You can download the games for windows live here:

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Back